Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you use up the 50 dollar credit before 2/1/2007?
Yep... 30 78.95%
Nop... 6 15.79%
ITS OVER? O_O 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #16
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
But bingle, since they are free you really haven't lost anything? You're saying you had the $50 for free books but didn't use it because they are DRMed and you might lose them later? Heck if you only got to use them for two weeks, it's still worth the price - free!
Even if they're free, they have some value. At the very least, if I switched platforms I'd have to spend the time rebuilding my collection, so it's not worth the time I put in. Plus, I just don't like having DRMed books. I'd like to know that I have control over all of the books on my Reader - if I want to, I can loan it out, or edit it, or whatever.
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:51 PM   #17
TheMadBrewer
Connoisseur
TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura Limited Edition, Kindle Voyager.
I had about $4 left. For some reason, the store drives me crazy. I can't seem to browse in any decent way, and when I go off to read the details of a book, I return to some arbitrary point in my "browse." Anyway I couldn't find anything I wanted that wouldn't have be add money and I didn't want to do that.

The "iTunes Store" of books it is not.

I think I'll be getting books from other sources (Baen, etc)
TheMadBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #18
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I had about $4 left. For some reason, the store drives me crazy. I can't seem to browse in any decent way, and when I go off to read the details of a book, I return to some arbitrary point in my "browse."
I can totally sympathize with your experience, as I too hated being brought back to some arbitrary point instead of the one I left off at. It's a good thing the Reader doesn't do this, or it never would have been released. Wonder what's wrong with the Connect Store's dev team/person, one of my college freshmen could've implemented a better prototype than their final product (and would've done it for project credit to boot!).

Too bad you couldn't find something that tickled your fancy. I ended up picking out a book from an author I never heard of, but in my fav genre, and the book's actually quite interesting.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #19
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel
I ended up picking out a book from an author I never heard of, but in my fav genre, and the book's actually quite interesting.
Please share.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #20
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
I blew through the free credit in one day, and have purchased quite a few since. I have read half of the books. I wish there were other places to purchase books that are not yet available on Connect. There are so many books I'd like to have in electronic format, I really hope they start making progress in larger increments than 12 new books added a week. Where do I go if I want books by Dean R Koontz, Clive Barker, or books that are no longer published like Howard Stern Private Parts?
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #21
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
[QUOTE=DougFNJ Where do I go if I want books by Dean R Koontz, Clive Barker, or books that are no longer published like Howard Stern Private Parts?[/QUOTE]

This could help you get started for what you seek.

http://sno2.iwarp.com/ebook-faq/
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote