darkmiss
darkmiss began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
I am using Firefox.

I go to the Index.php

I get the COPS startscreen

I can go to the next Level, e.g Authors

I get the alphabetical list

I can choose a letter, I can choose an author and I can choose a book.

I can see the books metadata but when I click on the "epub"-Button I reach a page with the Owncloud-Logo on top with the message "access forbidden".

Maybe I need to do something with htaccess?

Last edited by darkmiss; 06-27-2013 at 05:31 PM.
darkmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #497
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmiss View Post

I can see the books metadata but when I click on the "epub"-Button I reach a page with the Owncloud-Logo on top with the message "access forbidden".

Maybe I need to do something with htaccess?
There is something wrong with your Calibre database. Can you send me your metadata.db by mail (you'll find it in the bottom of the README file of COPS).
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #498
darkmiss
darkmiss began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Thanks for the hint, Vlad. The whole Calibre program was corrupt, I have reinstalled it completely and I am uploading everything afresh to the server, program, ebooks and all. This is going to take a while.

BTW: I use Calibre portable and have the program in the cloud directory as well, is anybody else doing this?
darkmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #499
cr45h
cr45h began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
So I'm trying to use custom columns in COPS. I changed the value of "cops_calibre_custom_column" in "config_default.php" and restarted COPS, but it makes no difference. Is there anything else I have to do to use custom columns? Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by cr45h; 07-06-2013 at 11:56 AM.
cr45h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #500
micheljo
micheljo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 Opus Booken
Red face

Hi,
Before, thanks for The COPS software.
I am using it in 4.0 issue since 2 months, but today, I want to install 5.0 issue.

On my synology DS212J, I unzip cops-0.5.0.zip in Web/Calibre directory.
Then, I put my "Calibre Librairy " in this directory, an I rename "Calibre Librairy " as Data.
I Open config_local.php
I change datas as follow:
Quote:
<?php
if (!isset($config))
$config = array();

/*
* The directory containing calibre's metadata.db file, with sub-directories
* containing all the formats.
* BEWARE : it has to end with a /
*/
$config['calibre_directory'] = './Data/';

/*
* Catalog's title
*/
$config['cops_title_default'] = "les bouquins de micheljo";

/*
* use URL rewriting for downloading of ebook in HTML catalog
* See README for more information
* 1 : enable
* 0 : disable
*/
$config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "0";
?>
Then I test my connection as the same way of Issue 4.0
But now the hereafter message appears
Quote:
Warning: require_once(/tbszip.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /volume1/web/calibre/resources/php-epub-meta/epub.php on line 9 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/tbszip.php' (include_path='.:/usr/syno/php/lib/php') in /volume1/web/calibre/resources/php-epub-meta/epub.php on line 9
So I open /calibre/resources/php-epub-meta/epub.php

I can see this
<?php
/**
* PHP EPub Meta library
* @author Andreas Gohr <andi@splitbrain.org>
* @author Sébastien Lucas <sebastien@slucas.fr>
*/

require_once(realpath( dirname( __FILE__ ) ) . '/tbszip.php');

define ("METADATA_FILE", "META-INF/container.xml");

Quote:
<?php
/**
* PHP EPub Meta library
* @author Andreas Gohr <andi@splitbrain.org>
* @author Sébastien Lucas <sebastien@slucas.fr>
*/

require_once(realpath( dirname( __FILE__ ) ) . '/tbszip.php');

define ("METADATA_FILE", "META-INF/container.xml");
Where is my error?
Thanks for your help

Micheljo
micheljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #501
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
In cops 0.5.0 i found that if i made the covers bigger then 70, say 140, the first line with books is not resized making the whole page a bit out of sync. I used the html size. Is it possible to correct this problem?
maxjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #502
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@all

Sorry for being slow to answer, I've got lot's of things going on but next release is coming before the end of july .

@cr45h

For now only some type of custom columns are handled. You can see in Config_default.php :

Code:
Note that for now only the first, second and forth type of custom columns are supported
@micheljo

Indeed I made some big changes in the way external resources are stored. Did you start with an empty directory ?

Thanks for your answer.

@maxjens

Yes I already fixed that in github. It'll also allow better quality covers with Retina / Nexus 10 devices.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #503
Pope Viper
Pope Viper began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello gents -

Going crazy here.

I'm running IIS 7.5 and PHP 5.4, and I'm having a bear of time. Finally got things recognized, but I'm getting this error:

Check if Calibre database file contains at least some of the needed tables
Not all Calibre tables were found. Are you you're using the correct database.

This is the same database as I'm using for my calibre set up.

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited by Pope Viper; 07-18-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Pope Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #504
micheljo
micheljo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 Opus Booken
Cops 5.0 finally works

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@micheljo

Indeed I made some big changes in the way external resources are stored. Did you start with an empty directory ?

Thanks for your answer.
Thanks for your response
Finally, COPS 5.0 works
During data synchronization with Calibre directory, the metadata.db was corrupted, Calibre/metadata.db also.
Now, I rebuild my Calibre library book by book, and each day I save it in my COPS directory.
It's a very long way, but I can control books metadata , and add missing.
Synchronization between computer and Nas is not a good idea for Calibre and Cops, now, i use SyncBack with only save configuration to copy data in Calibre library and paste it in Cops data library.
I have tested also CloudStation, but when I added a lot of books in Calibre, it's metadata.db file changed, and failures appeared.
In COPS, I want to add custom columns like "A_Lire_Michel" feed by the same custom columns in Calibre.
Is it easy?
Best regards
Micheljo
PS: as a lot of French people, my English is not perfect, sorry!
micheljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #505
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Viper View Post
Hello gents -

Going crazy here.

I'm running IIS 7.5 and PHP 5.4, and I'm having a bear of time. Finally got things recognized, but I'm getting this error:

Check if Calibre database file contains at least some of the needed tables
Not all Calibre tables were found. Are you you're using the correct database.

This is the same database as I'm using for my calibre set up.

Thanks for any insight.
Hi,

I think COPS try to access the wrong database. Have you correctly configured config_local.php with $config['calibre_directory'] ?

I'm guessing COPS has created an empty database somewhere and try to use it. This happen when your calibre directory is wrong.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #506
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheljo View Post
Thanks for your response
Finally, COPS 5.0 works
During data synchronization with Calibre directory, the metadata.db was corrupted, Calibre/metadata.db also.
Now, I rebuild my Calibre library book by book, and each day I save it in my COPS directory.
It's a very long way, but I can control books metadata , and add missing.
Synchronization between computer and Nas is not a good idea for Calibre and Cops, now, i use SyncBack with only save configuration to copy data in Calibre library and paste it in Cops data library.
I have tested also CloudStation, but when I added a lot of books in Calibre, it's metadata.db file changed, and failures appeared.
Corruption usually appear when you try to update the same database with two Calibre or Cloudstation try to update the metadata.db and Calibre is started.

My Calibre directory is not synchronized automatically, I start it manually when I update it.

Quote:
In COPS, I want to add custom columns like "A_Lire_Michel" feed by the same custom columns in Calibre.
Is it easy?
So far only some type of custom columns are handled but it should work.

Quote:
PS: as a lot of French people, my English is not perfect, sorry!
I'm french so I know .
Old 07-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #507
Pope Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Hi,

I think COPS try to access the wrong database. Have you correctly configured config_local.php with $config['calibre_directory'] ?

I'm guessing COPS has created an empty database somewhere and try to use it. This happen when your calibre directory is wrong.
I'm pretty sure I have it pointed correctly, I've

My library is at D:\Websites\Name\Library\Calibre

Config attached.

Also, when I try to browse the page, I get the following error:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated it with it. The document tree is shown below.

It then indicates a server error.
Attached Files
File Type: txt config_default.php.txt (5.1 KB, 306 views)
Old 07-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #508
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Code:
    $config['calibre_directory'] = 'D:\Websites\Name\Library\calibre';
should be:

Code:
    $config['calibre_directory'] = 'D:\Websites\Name\Library\calibre\';
with a '\' at the end.

If tis does not work try
Code:
    $config['calibre_directory'] = "D:/Websites/Name/Library/calibre/";
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #509
Pope Viper

Son of a gun, that did it. Option 2 did the trick.

Stupid Windows.

Thank you so much, I'm loving this server. Much faster than the one I had.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #510
Pope Viper

Vlad -

Now that I've finally got it running (Thanks again, mariosipad!!!!), on the "Show All Books", rather than displaying all the books by letter, is there a way to pull back ALL the books (without being broken out), and provide pagination for the results?

I also saw this:

Entry indicates there are no book formats available, but when you click on the book, there is a format.

Not sure if this is Calibre or COPS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vlad1.PNG
Views:	232
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	108533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vlad2.PNG
Views:	233
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	108534  

Last edited by Pope Viper; 07-24-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology