Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
TuDo
TuDo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD firefly
accidentaly installed Onyx Boox i62HD firmware on the firefly. How to rollback?

Hello,
In the last couple of days i was looking for the v1.8 firmware for the Onyx Boox i62HD firefly. in the software updates thread it read that the update was compatible with the firefly (so i thought), but i misread the thread and it turned out to be only the PDF patch. What happend is that i updated the firefly firmare to version 1.8, with the result of loosing the frontlight functionality.

i found no way of undoning this mistake.
in the same thread (on 12-12-12) Booxtor hinted that a firmware update for the firefly might be expected.

Does anyone know how to regain the frontlight functionality?
or know if and when the V1.8 firmware update for the firefly will be released (which should probably fix the problem)

thanks for any help you can provide

Greetings

TuDo
TuDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
math64
math64 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92M, i62ML (firefly)
Wait for the new firmware or write the service to send you the old one.
math64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuDo View Post
Hello,
In the last couple of days i was looking for the v1.8 firmware for the Onyx Boox i62HD firefly. in the software updates thread it read that the update was compatible with the firefly (so i thought), but i misread the thread and it turned out to be only the PDF patch. What happend is that i updated the firefly firmare to version 1.8, with the result of loosing the frontlight functionality.

i found no way of undoning this mistake.
in the same thread (on 12-12-12) Booxtor hinted that a firmware update for the firefly might be expected.

Does anyone know how to regain the frontlight functionality?
or know if and when the V1.8 firmware update for the firefly will be released (which should probably fix the problem)

thanks for any help you can provide

Greetings

TuDo
Please wait a couple of hours - I will create a thread for Firefly updates a little bit later. So you will be able to revive your Firefly and bring it to glow again
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
TuDo
TuDo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Please wait a couple of hours - I will create a thread for Firefly updates a little bit later. So you will be able to revive your Firefly and bring it to glow again
Booxtor, you just made my day! Thanks a million
TuDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Did I miss something???
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #6
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Did I miss something???
Yes.
The hours pass slowly in Europe.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:51 AM   #7
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Yes, EU Commission has issued a decree #EU2012/154867-13 defining HDTZMS (High Density Time Zone Measurement System) quite recently.

I skipp all the details (it has 10.000 pages ), the main idea is, that an hour has 1000 minutes. And so, we'll have 1,44 hours a day in EU.

It is compulsory for all members of EU since Jan 1st, 2013. Germany probably introduced HDTZMS a month earlier. ;-)

Since Jan 1st. few hours in EU will mean few days in rest of the world.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #8
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Yes, EU Commission has issued a decree #EU2012/154867-13 defining HDTZMS (High Density Time Zone Measurement System) quite recently.

I skipp all the details (it has 10.000 pages ), the main idea is, that an hour has 1000 minutes. And so, we'll have 1,44 hours a day in EU.

It is compulsory for all members of EU since Jan 1st, 2013. Germany probably introduced HDTZMS a month earlier. ;-)

Since Jan 1st. few hours in EU will mean few days in rest of the world.

now everything is clear
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:16 AM   #9
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,
please don't be impatient

the mentioned firmware is just recovery update for cases like this of TuDo (it si not a new update!)
I dont have those binaries here, this is why I have requested it by Onyx directly and it should be sent me every moment.

New update is still in process...

Last edited by Booxtor; 12-18-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #10
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
awwwwwwwwww
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Besides rescue firmware would be appreciated regulate latest firmware today.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #12
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Hi,
please don't be impatient

the mentioned firmware is just recovery update for cases like this of TuDo (it si not a new update!)
I dont have those binaries here, this is why I have requested it by Onyx directly and it should be sent me every moment.

A recovery update would be appreciated for i62hd too. Just in case.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #13
Booxtor
Booxtor

@TuDo: To recover the frontlight functionality please download and install this firmware:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Up...e-20120930.zip
Old 12-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #14
Notis
Notis began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox i62hd firefly
Thanks Booxtor, my firefly is being in glow again.
Notis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #15
Zilov
Enthusiast
Zilov began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, Nook STwGL, Bookeen Muse
Quote:
Can't wait in calm.
Zilov is offline   Reply With Quote