Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 04:08 AM   #31
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
It does compile with tccmake, as I just use build.sh from JoppyFur:
tccmake main drawing.c text.c keyboard.c term.c -lpthread -lutil
Apparently, eliminating -lpthread is neither an option nor a solution.
I only update the tccmake script as needed when problems are reported with various kindle firmware versions.

The lpthread library worked on my kindle. On your firmware it may have a bad library loader script that needs to be fixed the same way as others in the tcc package.

Look at how tccmake bind mounts a file to replace an existing file. Compare the contents of the original and replacement file. Look to see if the libpthread library has the same problem. If so, it needs the same kind of fix. The bind mount temporarily replaces a file on the root partition until unmounted, without modifying the root partition.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:14 AM   #32
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Hooray! Thanks buddy... Got it, now it works, just had to change it to event4 (constants.h):
#define TOUCH_SCREEN "/dev/input/event4"

So for future reference: Kindle 5.0.1 uses event4 as zforce. I'll try to make this recognize the zforce origin as GM does in his gmsigcap but for now for those who have KT 5.0.1, I attached my Joppy Terminal that works great! (Update: for KT 5.1.0 go here)

Honestly, world would have been a better place if we were all like Geekmaster, solving issues all together hand in hand (or at least not creating problems/disasters for each other like some do because of greed, etc!), a small example was this little thing if it could be called achievement (I do, because I won't update my KT for a good amount of time, and I needed a terminal, so )
Attached Files
File Type: zip JoppyTerminal_QWERTY_KT5.0.1.zip (23.9 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by thatworkshop; 06-15-2012 at 08:20 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:43 AM   #33
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Why does amazon have to move the zforce touchscreen device to different event device numbers for different modes (main or diags) AND for different firmware sub-versions on the same device?

That is very UNFRIENDLY to (unauthorized) developers who do not have their (secret/expensive/confidential) developer's documentation.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:48 AM   #34
geekmaster

Compiling with tcc from diags SSH may have different symlink and loader script problems than when compiling from main SSH, because of different partitions. On a K4, it may be even more different (but not an issue with a touchscreen program).

These tools need to be tested in different modes, on different firmware versions, on different kindle models. Especially when amazon does stupid stuff like moving event devices around...
Old 06-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #35
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
just a quick tester's note - I tried your app from the archive attached to the topic.
it worked until I executed "top" command.
after a while my kindle locked up and I had to reboot it.

Last edited by varnie; 06-14-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: grammar
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #36
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
just a quick tester's note - I tried your app from the archive attached to the topic.
it worked until I executed "top" command.
after a while my kindle locked up and I had to reboot it.
Top does many escape sequences to reposition the cursor. Perhaps there is a memory leak in that code? It should be examined for that possibility.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #37
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Top does many escape sequences to reposition the cursor. Perhaps there is a memory leak in that code? It should be examined for that possibility.
That might also make "Top" a good test exercise for terminal control codes, when our terminal projects start adding the control codes.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #38
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That might also make "Top" a good test exercise for terminal control codes, when our terminal projects start adding the control codes.
Another good exercise is displaying video using the "ascii art" output of mplayer (when compiled with such support). I did that using the debian mplayer running in the myts onscreen shell on a K3.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:27 AM   #39
JoppyFurr
Coding fuzzball
JoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

I'm back.

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. After my exams were over, I ended up taking a couple of weeks to sit around doing absolutely nothing, which was a nice change.

I'm back at the computer now, so will hopefully have some more updates soon. I've made a little progress on implementing some ANSI escape codes. I've nearly got it to the point where using vi on the kindle is possible, although, there are still a couple of bugs to work out.

See-ya's
Joppy Furr
JoppyFurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #40
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoppyFurr View Post
Hi,

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. After my exams were over, I ended up taking a couple of weeks to sit around doing absolutely nothing, which was a nice change.

I'm back at the computer now, so will hopefully have some more updates soon. I've made a little progress on implementing some ANSI escape codes. I've nearly got it to the point where using vi on the kindle is possible, although, there are still a couple of bugs to work out.

See-ya's
Joppy Furr
While you where away, cscat submitted a qwerty keyboard layout.
Troll back through the posts of this thread to find it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #41
JoppyFurr
Coding fuzzball
JoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Hi,

I'm not sure how far away the next update is. I'm still coming across some bugs while implementing the escape codes. Also, I've got a couple of other projects that I'm working on, so this has dropped to a lower priority on my to-do list. I'd like to continue work on this, and will hopefully have another release before I'm back at Uni (a couple of weeks away).

See-ya's
Joppy Furr
JoppyFurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #42
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Gonna TRY and build this for the 3, then strap on some -e command stuff since we have no kterm for the 3.

Sigh.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote