Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 04-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Hamilton, Edmond: The Stars, My Brothers, v.1, 5 Apr 2008

As explained by the Project Gutenberg transcriber, this illustrated scifi story by Edmond Hamilton was first printed in the May, 1962 issue of Amazing Stories Fact and Science Fiction and there is no evidence that the U.S. copyright on the publication was renewed.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 06-07-2008 at 05:09 PM. Reason: I moved the book to the US server.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
OK -- I'm perplexed. I clicked on your attachment curious as to why you attached an HTML file rather than the Mobipocket file. I then got a web page that read:

Quote:
Information

To comply with Canadian copyright laws the file you have requested cannot be served from this server.

Since the file you have requested is in the public domain in the United States, it can be found at the following US location:

http://down.4dots.com/12027/Hamilton_The Stars My.prc
Ummm????

And the above entry says "Last edited by Patricia : Today at 04:22 PM. Reason: I moved the book to the US server."

Does this mean that the MobilRead server is in Canada?
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Does this mean that the MobilRead server is in Canada?
Apparently at least one of them is, Elsi. This is a new approach that Alex devised to ensure that the server holding a particular ebook is in a country where it is certain to be in the public domain. I assume from the first line that the default location for ebooks is in Canada. I also assume that to be safe it was decided to move this particular ebook to a U.S. server.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 04-06-2008 at 10:06 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote