Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

T2 impression from a 350 user

Played with the Sony PRS-T2 in person yesterday, here are a few observations comparing to a 5" 350 side-by-side for those who are thiinking of upgrading:

- it feels lighter than the 350(plastic vs metal)
- screen resolution feels similar, the 350 have higher DPI by spec, but the contrast probably helped in this case. However, prolong usage of retina-DPI devices like the iPad3 has rendered both the T2 and 350 appear aliased
- screen contrast is noticably improved, the blackness of the text remained similiar while the background white is more pronounced whiter, feels like the jump from 500 -> 505.
- the contrast adjustment, page slicing features are still there(IMO, those are the major software advantages for the Sony, I read a lot of 8x11 pdfs aka research papers)
- finger writing is acceptably responsive even without stylus

now if they will only make a smaller form factor

I hope these observations are useful.
What do all the 505, 350, 650 veterans here think of the T2?
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
T2 SW (6") against 350 (5") with PRS+ => No doubt, 350 (I had a T1 and gave it as a present, but my 350 is still with me )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
Martin O
Martin O began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 Sony PRS-T2
I got my T2 yesterday. Before i had a 505.
I thought the battery in the 505 begins to failure and I miss the benefits of a modern reader as touchscreen, wi-fi and so on.
The T2 is light and fast. Much better contrast and whiter screen. What i Like most is the connection to Evernote. But the lack of a Swedish keyboard layout I can't accept. Very Bad of Sony!
Martin O is offline   Reply With Quote