Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
ehead
ehead began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Aura HD pdf refresh issue

I was hoping someone might could tell me if my unit is buggy/broken or if everyone has this issue. When I am zoomed in on a pdf and I drag it around and let go, I get a "ghost" image overlay which looks to be the text in the old location. Oddly, sometimes the unit refreshes perfectly, sometimes there is just a slight "ghost", and sometimes it's entirely unreadable. I'd say this happens about 60 or 70% of the time, making the zoom pdf feature more or less unusable.

I've tried several pdf's and I've also tried updating the firmware.

I could take some pictures and up them if someone is interested.
ehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehead View Post
When I am zoomed in on a pdf and I drag it around and let go, I get a "ghost" image overlay which looks to be the text in the old location.
This is a known bug, and it has been around for several versions of the firmware. The work-around is to change the reading settings. "Refresh the screen:" should be set to 1 page.
Advert
Old 06-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Aura might be a little more likely to have this ghosting problem and if you have better vision.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehead View Post
I was hoping someone might could tell me if my unit is buggy/broken or if everyone has this issue. When I am zoomed in on a pdf and I drag it around and let go, I get a "ghost" image overlay which looks to be the text in the old location. Oddly, sometimes the unit refreshes perfectly, sometimes there is just a slight "ghost", and sometimes it's entirely unreadable. I'd say this happens about 60 or 70% of the time, making the zoom pdf feature more or less unusable.

I've tried several pdf's and I've also tried updating the firmware.

I could take some pictures and up them if someone is interested.

when the 2.6.1 firmware rolls out to your device, this should be fixed. the new firmware doesn't come to every device at the same time, so you'll have to be patient (or sideload it, which is unsupported), but there is a fix on the way!
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote