Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
milhouse
milhouse began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Screensaver Problem

Just setting up a new nook (my wife has one already) and I am having a problem with the screensaver. When I click Display-> Screensaver, the nook just sends me back to the launcher/b&n home.

It also doesn't list any screensaver in the Display menu, not even the Default (which my wife's does). (Wallpapers is working).

When the screensaver does kick in, it seems to default to the "city" screensaver but only displays the first image and stays on it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
milhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse View Post
Just setting up a new nook (my wife has one already) and I am having a problem with the screensaver. When I click Display-> Screensaver, the nook just sends me back to the launcher/b&n home.

It also doesn't list any screensaver in the Display menu, not even the Default (which my wife's does). (Wallpapers is working).

When the screensaver does kick in, it seems to default to the "city" screensaver but only displays the first image and stays on it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

try a total reboot. Hold the the power button down for about 20 seconds. Wait about 10 seconds then turn it back on.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Also, make sure you make a folder under the screensavers folder and put your jpgs there.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote