Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Post Galsworthy, John: A Modern Comedy. v3.1, 21 Nov 2010

John Galsworthy (1867-1933) devoted virtually his entire professional career to creating a fictional but entirely representative family of propertied Victorians: the Forsytes. He made their lives and times, loves and losses, fortunes and deaths so real that readers accused him of including as characters in his drama real individuals whom they knew. He was the winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1932.

This is the second trilogy of "The Forsyte Chronicles" the first being "The Forsyte Saga". It contains three full-length novels and two shorter interludes:

The White Monkey
(Interlude) A Silent Wooing
The Silver Spoon
(Interlude) Passers By
Swan Song

Here, the story is set in the 1920's, and the main characters are Fleur, Soames Forsyte's daughter, and her husband Michael Mont. The changes in customs and morals of the time are somehow the background of this whole book.

This book was previously uploaded by HarryT, that's why I start with v3. Since his version was, as he told me, just a direct translation of the online text, I've created this new one, for this I proofread the text (many corrections done, checking against available scans when possible), added a family tree, curly quotes, italics, etc.

Any kind of feedback is welcome.

EDIT (v1.1): Just a comma added, I think.

(previous download count: 129)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi A Modern Comedy.mobi (1.13 MB, 523 views)

Last edited by Jellby; 11-21-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
british society