Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
submarine670
submarine670 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
New author and book

Hello everyone,
My name is Michael Pennington and I own a Kindle and I'm also an e-book author. I have published one book with Hearts on Fire Books entitled "Zhena". It is a spy thriller set in modern times with aspects of the cold war. I have gotten several positive reviews both on Amazon and from other review sites. They are below. I hope some of you decide to enjoy my book.
Michael

Review: 5 Roses

Rose Petal Reviews

www.rosepetalreviews.webs.com

Michael Pennington has done a excellent job of writing this story. When I picked this book up, I thought, I'm not really all that interested in spy thrillers. Not really my cup of tea, but when I started on page one, I didn't want to put this book down. It keeps you on the edge of your seat through the whole book. I would recommend this book to everyone. Great story, with great writing style. Well done.

"I would like to let the author of "Zhena" know that it was one of the best books I have read. I didn't want to put it down from page one till the end. I am so glad he left it with the possibility of another book following. Donna"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new author, April 15, 2009

Zhena is an exciting story with interesting twists. The author's detailed character descriptions make you truly feel part of the story. It's a spy thriller with aspects of the cold war set in modern times. The premise is very interesting and offers many unexpected surprises. If you enjoy a classic spy story or like rooting for strong female characters, you will enjoy Zhena.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing and Scary Premise, June 4, 2009

This review is from: Zhena (Paperback)
I really enjoyed the way this book jumped right into the action and never really stopped moving. The character of Susan is a great tough female character willing to do anything to protect herself and her family and at no point is she presented as being at all disadvantaged physically because she is a female. Her innate (in multiple senses) intelligence let's her always stay a step ahead of her antagonists.

The main premise (very deep "sleepers") actually seems somewhat plausible (perhaps not now, but in the future perhaps) and in addition to being frightening it creates a realistic reason for the main character being able to do what she can do.

My only complaint would be that occasionally the dialog doesn't always feel natural and the exposition seems somewhat forced at times. But in the end it doesn't detract from the book being a fun read.

A good summer read (entertaining, page-turner). I could actually see this book working well as a movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining and intriguing, April 21, 2009

Zhena is great entertainment. It has an intriguing premise that promises a sequel. Best of all, Zhena is unpredictable. The author holds your interest to the very end. It is a mystery, spy story, and action tale in one. The characters are well developed and real. You will root for the good guys. Zhena is a complete story, but leaves a few questions not completely resolved. If there is a sequel, I want it.
submarine670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Welcome to MobileRead! Is your book available at Amazon, FictionWise, etc? If so, go ahead and link to it. Folks here are always interested in picking up a new author!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Michael.

Best of luck with your book, and be sure and look at our 'writers corner'.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
chaoji
chaoji began at the beginning.

Hi all. I've also just published my own book on the amazon kindle.
The title is "Desire of Many".
Amazon link is: http://www.amazon.com/Desire-of-Many...5899261&sr=8-1
Amazon ASIN: B002BSH85E
It is in the hard science fiction genre. It is my debut novel. You can read a free preview as a pdf file on my website (and leave comments as well if you also click on the "literature" spinning link). You can see some information at Amazon. If you'd like to read the preview you can go to www.fiercegravitas.com (sorry I'm not a professional programmer so some features of my website might not work if your browser is not internet explorer) and click on the link for "Science Fiction Novel - Excerpt" on the main page (it'll open another window to display the pdf file). If you'd like to leave comments you can do that as well (after clicking on the "Literature" link and then clicking either READ or POST). I'd very much like to hear feedback.
chaoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #5
submarine670
submarine670 began at the beginning.

My book is available on fictionwise and Amazon and also at my publisher's site. The links are below.
http://www.amazon.com/Zhena/dp/B0026...9717279&sr=1-1
http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook87227.htm?cache
http://www.heartsonfirebooks.com/dow...x?categoryid=9
submarine670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
espionage, purdue, russia, spy, thriller