Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
CLWenn
CLWenn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Sprint Network - Five bars to No bars

The first two days I had my Kindle 2, every time I powered on the wireless, I had five bars. In the last two days, when I turn on the wireless I have no bars at all for a few seconds, then I have to move around the building and point the device in different directions to get two or three bars sporadically.

The first two days I had my Kindle, the internet browser promptly located and displayed every site I asked it to display. Now, about 80% of the time, I get one of those "site not responding" responses even for sites like Google, MSN, etc. When I check the sites on my laptop, and they're responding just fine.

Has something known happened to the Sprint network in the last couple of days? (I live in the Chicago metropolitan area.) It seemed to go from reliable to wonky very suddenly -- at least I'm presuming its the network and not my new Kindle 2.
CLWenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There were reports of Sprint network problems on the Amazon Forums and PC World. I don't know what the status is now. I haven't had any problems but then again, I only use Whispernet when I need to download something.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
True, Amazon support says whispernet problems are being worked on. I guess they weren't kidding when when said the browser was experimental!

Mine even goes back and forth from 3G to 1X sporadically. Hopefully all will be straightened out soon. At least I have plenty to read,
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Mine has been awful. I've not received my subscriptions the past few days.

Trying to get SOMETHING to work with the Whispernet I actually did a hard reset and was able to get a few things through, but that's it.

Not particularly happy. I mean, I worked for Sprint for a while... I know what a horrible company they are... (to give you some idea I actually switched to AT&T while working for them, even with the discount!) but this really bites.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote