Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Syncing Sony and the iPhone

Is there an easy way to buy a book and load it on both the Sony 505 and the iPhone?

Reason I ask is that, when I bought my iPhone, I was so eager to test out the eReader App that I bought a Stuart Woods book ('Dirt') forgetting that I already had it on my Sony 505. Anyway, I just got around to reading it on my 505 and have found it very useful to be able to switch between the Sony and the iPhone. I almost always have one or the other with me.

Is there a way to legally do this?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
The legality is a bit nebulous and depends on the country you are in. But, you can remove the DRM from an eReader ebook and then convert it to LRF for the sony. Calibre converts the HTML result file from the ereader2html script.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Another option is to buy LIT/Mobi ebooks as you would normally for the Sony and then convert them to ePub with calibre and use Stanza on the iPhone to read them.

Either way you do you have to break the DRM.

BOb
Old 10-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
What format are eReader books in? I thought they were ePub which I thought became readable on the Sony with the last Firmware update.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
What format are eReader books in? I thought they were ePub which I thought became readable on the Sony with the last Firmware update.
eReader is it's own format, they are not ePub.

BOb
Advert