Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-10-2008, 02:58 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
But if you're falling back on used p-books, try the american bookseller exchange (www.abe.com). It's a nationwide selection rather that just local (Sorry to those across the Pond or the Big Pac, our used booksellers don't tend to be very globally oriented....)
Actually, "abebooks" is global, and most booksellers are more than happy to ship world-wide .

For people in the UK it's better to use their UK site:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk

because it lists stock held by UK booksellers first.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:17 AM   #17
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I'm sorry.

BOb
My apologies, wrong reaction; I should in fact be thanking you
because otherwise it might have been even longer before I noticed my missing books (which has expanded to include my copy of Good Omens). Erstwhile flatmate has been emailed. Whether I ever get them back is another issue, but the copy of Good Omens has sentimental value.
Grrrrr......

Last edited by Mindy; 06-10-2008 at 04:27 AM.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2008, 08:42 AM   #18
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi Derek,
I see the two books you are looking for are indeed listed on the website provided by Ralph Sir Edward. Stephen Coonts The Conquest for the princely sum of $1 plus p&p. The other title Lee Child's The Visitor for the grand sum of $40 plus. No so good!!!
If you are really interested in acquiring a paperback copy of The Visitor there is a copy available on an Irish website here www.eason.ie it will cost you about $17 plus p&p.
Here's hoping you are successful in getting both copies of the books.

Slan
Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What's the problem with Lee Child's "The Visitor"? It's shown as "in print" on the Amazon UK web site, with a normal (for the UK) list price of £5.99, but dozens of 2nd hand copies starting at as little as 32p!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #20
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
My apologies, wrong reaction; I should in fact be thanking you
because otherwise it might have been even longer before I noticed my missing books (which has expanded to include my copy of Good Omens). Erstwhile flatmate has been emailed. Whether I ever get them back is another issue, but the copy of Good Omens has sentimental value.
Grrrrr......
Did you have the American or the UK version? The American version had many of the jokes dumbed down. Made me insane when I went to a book club and no one understood what I was talking about until I got the AMv and realized the travesty.

What I really want is the UK edition in e-book.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #21
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Invariably the UK; it was 'inherited', suitably well-thumbed and I loved it with all my little heart. Cover was:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Good Omens.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	13410  
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #22
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
Hi Derek,
I see the two books you are looking for are indeed listed on the website provided by Ralph Sir Edward. Stephen Coonts The Conquest for the princely sum of $1 plus p&p. The other title Lee Child's The Visitor for the grand sum of $40 plus. No so good!!!
If you are really interested in acquiring a paperback copy of The Visitor there is a copy available on an Irish website here www.eason.ie it will cost you about $17 plus p&p.
Here's hoping you are successful in getting both copies of the books.

Slan
Mag.
But I don't *WANT* dead-tree! I want *EBOOK*! [Pout]

Yes, I could buy a d-t version, cut away the spine and run it through the old scanner - oh wait! I *HAVE* no scanner! Yep, as far as scanners go, I am a luddite, dragging my knuckles around the floor of my cave.

And $40 is reeee-DICK-you-louse...

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote