Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Libros
Libros began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Kindle Fire HD 2013

First of all i would like to thank the developer of this wonderful piece of software. it's great

now the problem i am having ... i just brought the new Kindle HD about a month ago ... i have a very large extensive book collection ... and i have successfully converted e-books to MOBI and was able to e-mail them to my Kindle

for the life of me i am unable to have the books appear in the books section of the Kindle... they keep popping up in the documents section of the Kindle

i have followed to the T all the procedures that have been posted to get the books to show up on the books section and to my dismay they continue to show up as personal documents

a happy note is that i was finally able to figure out why did the book covers show up with a big PDF type of cover ...the trick was that i needed to up load bigger picture covers .for them to at least show up in the carousal with an original cover
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I sideload ebooks thru Calibre & until the last sofware update had no problems they with cover went direct to Books. I hate them going to Docs ugh
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Amazon marks all documents you send by email as personal docs, there is no way around that. You have to send by USB to have a chance of them showing up as books.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Chance must be the key word LOL I always sideload thru Calibre. I got my HD on 6th Nov ebooks went into books. Then 6-7 weeks later they started going into DOCs. I havent changed anything but there have been Calibre Updates & and update from Amazon. Non-Techy any clue how I can change it back?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid I stopped trying to keep track of amazons ever changing firmware versions and policies for handling sideloaded content. You'll have to wait for someone that uses uses a Fire to help.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
Libros
Libros began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Amazon marks all documents you send by email as personal docs, there is no way around that. You have to send by USB to have a chance of them showing up as books.
well i have tried to send via USB but caliber does not recognize my Kindle .. i get send to device but it does not say anything about the kindle
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
So follow the instructions in My device is not detected by calibre
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Try different USB Port. Wont reconise the Fire on the 2 usbs on the Right side of my laptop but does on the Left USB... No clue what I do IF the left one breaks ugh