Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
palmtenor
palmtenor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi+3G, iPhone4, iPad
Problem about Kindle 3 Firmware Update

I've just bought my new Kindle3 WiFi, and I'm trying to upgrade it to firmware version 3.0.3. I followed the instruction on http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700, downloaded the right version of firmware file(there is only one possible for WiFi version and it fits my device serial code B008), transfer it into my Kindle root directory, ejected properly, but when I go into Settings-Menu, the "Update Your Kindle" is still grey.(Preciously speaking it is black for a moment and instantly turns to grey) Also, when I plug the USB Wire again, I found that the firmware file I've transfered has been automatically deleted. Now matter how many time I tried that, the same thing keep happens. I even try to copy all version of firmware(B008, B006, B00A) into my Kindle, but only the right version (B008) be automatically deleted and still no way to upgrade. How could I solve that problem? My version is Kindle 3.0.3 (553210206). Have anyone encountered the same problem before?
Thank you very much!
palmtenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Hello Palmentor, there's been a fair bit of debate with this very issue here which I hope will answer your query.
Cheers
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
palmtenor
palmtenor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi+3G, iPhone4, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinafrica View Post
Hello Palmentor, there's been a fair bit of debate with this very issue here which I hope will answer your query.
Cheers
Paul
I see...Thank you very much, so now what we can do is only waiting right?
Anyway, if I want to install jailbreak and fondhack on it, should I use the 0.2N version (since it displays as 3.0.2) or the 0.4N version (since it was said actually higher version?)
palmtenor is offline   Reply With Quote