Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
kingofaces
kingofaces began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reader for adding notes?

I just started looking into readers for the first time. I'm mainly looking for one to use for pdf files of journal articles and other scientific literature, so I would like to find something that makes highlighting and adding notes easy and not so cumbersome for an academic setting. A lot of the descriptions I have browsed seem vague in this area, so I was wondering if anyone could mention how they have liked a specific reader in this aspect, or any recommendations to browse through?

Ideally, something that allows you to actually write quick notes on the screen would be nice, but I don't think this is supported by most of the main brands is it? Again, I've had trouble finding in-depth descriptions for this topic aside from "you can write notes in the margin" with little more than that, so any info is appreciated.
kingofaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The Sony's are the best for reading PDF's. The alrgest sony is the 950 which has a 7inch screen and 3G or WiFi, I don't know which.

Other then that I would say go with a tablet.

If Amazon ever updates the DX firmware to include the same PDF features as are on the K3 then the DX would probably work for you. Right now it won't because you cannot search in a PDF and you cannot take notes and highlight in a PDF. You can on a K3 but the screen size and lack of reflow makes it a poor choice for reading scientific based PDFs.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
notes