Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Calibre and Onyx Boox

Hello
i noticed this (little) problem. when i plug in the Boox to my pc (W7 pro 64 bit) and open Calibre, it detects the SD card as main memory and the main memory as SD card..
does it happen to anyone else? is there a way to fix it?
it's not a big problem, but it's annoying.

Thanks

best regards

Brandobras
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I suspect that's working as designed. Given how little main memory the boox has, I use the sd card as primary book storage. The way that calibre sees it, I can use the default 'send to device' without having to remember to tell it to send to the memory card.
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

well, if it's designed this way, no problem at all then :-)
i assumed i've messed up y configuration

thanks

Brandobras
Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
ac4lt
Connoisseur

I'm just speculating on the "designed that way" part. If you've messed up a configuration then so have I.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What drive letters are assigned?

For most eReader devices Calibre assumes that the drive with the lowest drive letter is main memory and the other one the SD card. If drive letters are the wrong way around you can correct this using the Windows Disk Management utility.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
ac4lt
Connoisseur

Drive letters? I'm on a mac, no drive letters here. The main boox mounts as /Volumes/boox and the sd card as /Volumes/booxsd.

But, the current behavior makes sense for me.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #7
Brandobras
Zealot

hello,
I agree with ac4lt. it's a little bit confusing the first time, but after that you can quickly send your books to the SD (that is what i've planned to do from the first moment).. it doesn't matter if Calibre see it as main memory...

Best regards

Brandobras
Old 02-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Brandobras: This should be fixed in the next release on windows, assuming you main memory is being assigned the lower dive letter.

@ac4lt: On OSX, this can be caused for other reasons. Go to Preferences->Advanced, click debug device detection and post the output (with your device connected)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:28 AM   #9
Brandobras
Zealot

Thanks!