Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #4051
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
To exit, just tap the icon in the top left. Note that the app is only for touch screens. I haven't tested it on a reader, but I believe delf runs it on a 950.

The app is for learning vocabulary in a second language. Currently, the app's dictionary is for a Russian speaker learning English. (But it also works for an English speaker learning Russian!)

There are various levels. In level 1, the app displays a word and its translation. If the user knows this word, you can click the "check mark" icon (near the top left) and the word will not appear again. (You can reset this on the Settings dialog.) Otherwise, click the Next button. After a number of words have been shown, level 2 begins. There are two columns of buttons. The user should click one word on the left and the matching word on the right. Keep going until all words have been matched. This repeats with another batch of words.

At some point, level 3 starts. Here, you have to type the matching word. I haven't gone beyond this point much, but there are other screens and word-matching activities as far as I can see.

delf, please feel free to provide a fuller explanation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delf View Post
In the reader in the folder "words" have a file "word.dic". It contains a description of the dictionary in the format:
Original word; Transcription; Translation;

for level 6, by default loaded English keyboard to type the words, but you can load any other language, listing all the letters in the file "lan.kbd". The name of the file as prescribed in the file "word.dic" before the description of the dictionary in the format:
# lan

For example:
#eng
word1; transcription1; translation1
word2; transcription2; translation2
word 3; transcription 3; translation 3
Thanks, for your explanations.

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 04-08-2013 at 02:18 PM.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #4052
blu-
Enthusiast
blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.

Device: prs 650
Is there a step by step guide on how to edit the font sizes on the latest alpha version? In PRS+ there are options for different font size and line height, but nothing happens when I select the different numbers. Under epub style it only lists FontsAsInLRF, but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

XS/S/M still works, but the sizes are either still too small for large. I think you can change those, but the increments are only in 5s.

Last edited by blu-; 04-21-2013 at 08:46 PM.
blu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #4053
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Hello.

Yesterday, I installed prs+ 2.1.02 in my 350, and battery life drain very fastly, 12 hours.

Does anybody has the same problem?
Yes I have had this same problem. I have tried the soft reset a couple of times to see if that would help, I thought it had the second time but just two nights ago I fully charged my 350 with a wall charger for taking to work with me the following day. I read on it for maybe 2-3 hours throughout the day and the battery dropped one bar. However, when I switched it on this morning, the battery was completely flat, it came up a low battery warning and then switched off.

I have installed PRS+ and barely used it, I've added a custom font, and although I had an initial play about with it, haven't actually changed anything else. So I'm thinking I might just un-install it.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #4054
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
I have 2 PRS350 and do not suffer this problems. My suspicion is as I wrote a couple of times here that a specific option switched on or off and/or one or the other specific book in combination with PRS+ could cause those troubles.

I for example never use the predictions of time until the end of the chapter. A, and I use my own version of PRS+ (ZORK) which I think I will not develop any further because it does anything I need. Except custom dics. But with an additional customized Paperwhite this problem is solved for me that way.

A
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #4055
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I've never had the battery drain problem with PRS+ installed on either my 350 or 650, but I put PRS+ on my friend's 350 and she immediately complained about the quick battery drain. I ended up uninstalling it--didn't try any trouble shooting because she really was content with the base firmware. Now, personally I don't know what I'd do without PRS+! I love all the customization options to menus, fonts, commands, etc.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #4056
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I have installed PRS+ and barely used it, I've added a custom font, and although I had an initial play about with it, haven't actually changed anything else. So I'm thinking I might just un-install it.
You might consider trying the previous version 2.0.18 it is still on the project page and works great. Or you could try Analogus' Zork version which he uses (see his signature for details).

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-16-2013 at 03:28 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #4057
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Analogus that is why I mentioned that I haven't really made changes to any of the settings. I'd browsed through all the options, but apart from trying a single custom font, had only looked, not made any changes.

Thanks DoctorOhh, I have just went ahead and uninstalled it, and I'll see how it is back to the default firmware over the next couple of weeks, but I've downloaded that previous version of PRS+ and might give that a try at a later date.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:14 AM   #4058
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
I_macd

I cannot remember exactly what options. But PRS+ brings it's own set of default options. Even if you do not change any option value, there are of course switched options after installing PRS+.
A solution could be not to touch nothing but to touch as much options as possible. I touched every button hundred of times ;-) and do not suffer battery train. So maybe it's the other way round... But that' of course PC-voodoo. On the other hand you are not able to destroy anything by trying out whatever options you find on your reader.
In the worst case just remove PRS+.

Even now using my Paperwhite 99% of the time for reading I'm a big follower of PRS+ which makes me possible to use my PRS350 walking in the nature. Better fonts, switching off the touch screen and a couple of font tweaking options are responsible therefor.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:32 AM   #4059
NSqirrel
Enthusiast
NSqirrel began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Wrt battery drain, I used to use my '600 as a notepad for sketches and to do lists, saving as jpegs. This hit my battery life, which has improved since I stopped and I now just use it for reading.
NSqirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #4060
raiderkilo
Connoisseur
raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: PRS-350 "PRS+"
No problem with battery drain, 2.1.02 & ZORK
raiderkilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #4061
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
I do have the battery drain problem on my 350. It can discharge overnight after I charge it. It can be avoided by resetting the device after it's charged.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #4062
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
Hello everyone. 650 had stood with the latest PRS + 2.1.02 and ZORK. All works if the EPUB files do not contain the fonts. Built-in converter creates just such files.

Last edited by makara; 06-13-2013 at 03:06 PM.
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #4063
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Hi Rizla

New ZORK version with chess online under http://erhartc.bplaced.net/ereading/zork-edition/.

As always: this version is UNTESTED! If problems occur you have the possibility to download the old version again and reinstall it. The new version has tons of new features!!!

A.
Hey there, Analogus,

I tried the Zork Chess (ZC) edition today but chess does not appear on the more menu.

I also took a look at the non-chess installer file and it appears that the file sizes are exactly the same. Is the chess build missing, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #4064
wolf_larsen
wolf_larsen began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-505, Kobo glo
Freshly prs+'ed 505

Hello,
I would just like to say prs+ is a great piece of software.
I installed it on an 'always-rebooting' PRS-505.
It works perfectly (even with error messages at installation, i forced it, and if it is asking me for startup installation after each usb-disconnect...)
I took a try at chess and won (the 1st time i won against a computer !
It's a good job, thank you.
wolf_larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #4065
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_larsen View Post
.. and if it is asking me for startup installation after each usb-disconnect...)
Hi, glad you like it.
Just remove the folder PRSP-Installer (or what else it is named, can't recall) and you will no longer get the Installer-Interface after USB-disconnect.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote