Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's able to drag and drop or sync eBook library 3.0 with any of his Sony units with
Drag and drop always is working 17 39.53%
Drag and drop only is working for certain files or other exceptions 4 9.30%
Drag and drop always crashes eBook library 3.0 8 18.60%
Syncing always is working 5 11.63%
Syncing only is working for certain files or other exceptions 1 2.33%
Syncing always crashes eBook library 3.0 10 23.26%
eBook library 3.0 is working perfectly 12 27.91%
I've reinstalled eBook library 2.x or use calibre or other tools and for the moment gave up with eBook library 3.0 10 23.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Are you using the new library software 3.0 or the former one (2.x)?
2.x for me has been working flawlessly.
3.0, but I don't actually use it. I'm more of a drag-n-drop girl. But to buy thru the store, it has to go via the library software.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #17
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
It turns out that the new software has made itself a new folder on my hard drive just for Sony downloads. They are hiding in "My Documents" then "My Library" and then "Ebook Library." Only those 2 books are in there, but when I open the library software, it shows all of them including the 2.
You got me curious, I haven't lost any books but wondered if this file existed on my PC..it sure does containing every book I've ever downloaded. Can this be deleted? it's huge. I'm hoping it won't effect anything if I toast the contents. I have everything backed up on an SD card.

Tx
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 06:12 AM   #18
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
I replied "sync is always working" but I never used Sony software because I am a Linux user.

To sync my files on the Reader, I use grsync. I sync after every book uploading to the reader and it hardly lasts some seconds.

If any problem happened (up to now none), I just need to switch the direction of the arrow on the right side of the attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grsync.png
Views:	291
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	35665  

Last edited by roger64; 09-09-2009 at 06:20 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:25 AM   #19
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
My case of woes (until now):

1. never used synching after all the caveats issued here, there and really everywhere (yep, Beatles day!);

2. I had sometimes problems with "large" files from the Sony store itself but none with similar-size ePubs: taken up to five-ten minutes, for example, with this one;

3. try to put more than a couple-fourish books on unit/sd/memory stick and the library will be inexorably stuck. Have to force quit and do it one by one. And without a long queue, too.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #20
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
3.0 is running like a champ for me.

The only problem I've had is when using library books. If I use the Return Early feature, the Library sometimes crashes. Minor annoyance.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
crashing, ebl 3.0, ebook library