Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #31
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
That is what I get. I guess I'm not loved!
S
I get the same.
Maybe not loved, but, not alone...
Old 01-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #32
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
It's showing free for me now in the US.
I show it at 9.99 in the US and it hasn't been mmore than ten hours since it adjusted for you
Advert
Old 01-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #33
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Free today on Amazon - A Murder Close to Home (An Eve Duncan Murder Mystery) by Julia Underwood

London, 1941.
The city is at war but the threat is not only from the Luftwaffe.
The local milkman is missing, and Eve Duncan has been enlisted by the understaffed police to help solve the mystery.
When his body turns up at a bomb site, it becomes clear that his death was not an accidental casualty of war but a brutal murder.
When more killings occur in the same area, it becomes clear to Eve these seemingly random attacks must be connected.
As the death toll mounts, and with the community in uproar, Eve must solve the case - before it is too late.
How are the deaths connected?
And why is this quiet London suburb being targeted?
With war raging across the continent who would want to commit A Murder Close to Home…?

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Murder-Close...362247031_f_24
Old 01-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #34
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
It was free for me in the States too.
http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Close-H...ulia+Underwood
Thanks for the heads up! New series for me.
S
Old 01-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #35
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
Free today on Amazon US: The Serpent's Disciple by Deborah Stevens
Advert
Old 01-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #36
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
There are a number of mysteries on sale in the Kindle Big Deal (US), posted in this thread, or in this post if you don't mind using arcadata's affiliate link. The Big Deal is good through Feb. 2.

There are too many (68 books) to list, but authors I recognized include Laurence Shames, Linda Fairstein, Ian Rankin, Richard North Patterson, Rory Clements, Susan McBride, Stephen Booth, Shirley Rousseau Murphy, Ed McBain, Michael Robertson, Frances Fyfield, Don Bruns, and others. In most cases there are just one or two books by each author, but more in a few cases.

Some are by major publishers and have the same prices at BN or Kobo if you prefer epubs. I spot checked a few and found the Susan McBride, Rory Clements, Richard North Patterson, and Shirley Rousseau Murphy books to be similarly priced at either Kobo, BN, or both.

I personally lean towards historical mysteries, and have read and enjoyed the Rory Clements/John Shakespeare books, two of which are in this sale.

Anyway, YMMV, but probably worth checking out...

Last edited by sufue; 01-19-2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #37
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Free Today On Amazon UK - Dead Woman's Shoes: 1 (Lexie Lomax Mysteries) by Kaye C Hill

All she wanted was to get away - and suddenly it’s raining cats, dogs and bodies! Lexy Lomax has run away from her obnoxious husband, taking with her a cool half million of his ill-gotten gains and a homicidal chihuahua called Kinky. Holed up in a decrepit log cabin on the Suffolk coast, Lexy finds herself mistaken for the previous owner of the cabin, a private investigator, now deceased. Before she knows it she's embroiled in a cocktail of marital infidelity (possibly), missing cats (probably) and poison pen letters (definitely). Oh, yes - and a murder or two...

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Womans-...362247031_f_33

US (Link for reference - looks free to me)
http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Womans-Sh...362247031_f_33
Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #38
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
[QUOTE=Mort1997;2743551]Free Today On Amazon UK - Dead Woman's Shoes: 1 (Lexie Lomax Mysteries) by Kaye C Hill/QUOTE]

Free in the US. Thanks for posting the link. This was first published by Creme de la Crime, now part of Severn House Publishers, in 2008.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #39
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort1997 View Post
Free Today On Amazon UK - Dead Woman's Shoes: 1 (Lexie Lomax Mysteries) by Kaye C Hill

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Womans-Sh...362247031_f_33
Also free Amazon Aus
Old 01-21-2014, 06:04 AM   #40
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The King's Corrodian, the latest in the Gil Cunningham series by Pat McIntosh is $1.35 at Amazon US. Link is here.

Then when I checked Amazon UK to see if it was on sale there as well, I found that the whole series of 10 books is on sale for £0.84 each. Link is here.

No idea how long either sale will last.

I've found this to be a very enjoyable series, set in Glasgow, in the 15th century. The protagonists are a notary, Gil Cunningham, together with his wife, Alys, who has taken more of a role in solving the mysteries as well as the series progresses.

Last edited by sufue; 01-21-2014 at 06:36 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-21-2014, 06:14 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
The King's Corrodian, the latest in the Gil Cunningham series by Pat McIntosh is $1.35 at Amazon US. Link is here.

Then when I checked Amazon UK to see if it was on sale there as well, I found that the whole series of 10 books is on sale for £0.84. Link is here.

No idea how long either sale will last.

I've found this to be a very enjoyable series, set in Glasgow, in the 15th century. The protagonists are a notary, Gil Cunningham, together with his wife, Alys, who has taken more of a role in solving the mysteries as well as the series progresses.
Thanks - bought the whole series. Although I haven't heard of the author, I love historical mysteries, it's very favourably reviewed, and at 84p a book it's too good an opportunity to miss.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:47 AM   #42
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks - bought the whole series. Although I haven't heard of the author, I love historical mysteries, it's very favourably reviewed, and at 84p a book it's too good an opportunity to miss.
I too love historical mysteries - I hope you like this series.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I too love historical mysteries - I hope you like this series.
I'm sure I shall. Thanks again for pointing it out - it's things like this that are one of the best things about our MR community .
Old 01-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #44
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Then when I checked Amazon UK to see if it was on sale there as well, I found that the whole series of 10 books is on sale for £0.84 each. Link is here.
That looks like a really interesting series. I shall buy them 'in February'. I should have kept back more budget 'this month'.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #45
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
I've also bought a few, so many thanks for the link. Looks like fun.

But I do truly wish that Amazon would indicate what number in a series a title is. Sometimes they do, other times nada. I try to go by publication date, but that didn't work in this case, I figure maybe they are in order with the top in the list being the most recent, but nope. Then I scroll through reader reviews hoping someone will mention what book it is, in once case a reader says book eight Amazon, labeling it for once, calls it nine.

Am I missing a trick here?

Anyhow, books look great, price is very low, so all good and thanks again.
Closed Thread