Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 04:02 AM   #1
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Downgrade from 1.29 to 1.21

Hi,

When I first bought the Story HD, I upgraded it via OTA to firmware 1.29. I wanted to get the page numbers back, so I downgraded it to 1.19 by mistake, and then upgraded it to 1.21. Now I have the page number and the search when I am in the book.

Fortunately, my Story HD did not brick

Do you know if there is any negatives with 1.21 versus 1.29?

The 1.29 says:
Code:
1. Added Functions

a. Arrow guide icon added for reading convenience when horizontal 

reading mode.

b. Keep zoom status of PDF format when horizontal reading.

c. Screen margin added for ePub reading.

2. Bug fixed

a. "A Game of Thrones" can not be downloaded issue was solved: 
  There was some error in our rename function.

Game of Thrones Boxed Set: A Game of Thrones/A Clash of Kings/A  

Storm of Swords/A Feast for Crows (Google eBook)
b. Sometimes the device cannot connect to hidden AP issue was fixed.
What is Screen Margin (1c) and Zoom Status (1b)?

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJJ
I checked a PDF and there were two solid triangles in the margins while in landscape mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostshutz

Ah, that's it then.
Not sure what use they are, they seem more like floating page break indicators to me.
It shows the top half and then the bottom half of each page (or rather the top 70% then the bottom 70%, depending on page size), and the arrows just help with orientation. I think I've seen screenshots of something similar of the Sony, some kind of shade effect to mark the section that will appear on both sides since it displays more than just exactly half.

The shade effect may be more intuitive than the arrows, but oh well.

Nice to see such features added at all, maybe they'll add a notepad next, who knows

Last edited by CJJ; 04-28-2012 at 11:00 AM.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert