Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
Riddick
Riddick began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
New to Kindle and have some newbie questions!

I just got the latest kindle 3g special offers version.

First off, I've read about using the kindles "sleep mode" instead of turning it off completely. So far I only know of ONE way to turn my kindle off and it's by sliding the little thing on the bottom and then the screen saver comes on. I assume that's the sleep mode? What do I do to turn the kindle completely off and what benefits are there to turning it off completely?

My next question is about rating a book. I have several hundred books that I loaded to the kindle via my computer. For SOME of the books on the last page is an option to rate the book but in other books no such option exists. Why?

Also when I do rate a book does the rating appear anywhere on my kindle or online or is it just a worthless feature?
Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
So far I only know of ONE way to turn my kindle off and it's by sliding the little thing on the bottom and then the screen saver comes on. I assume that's the sleep mode?
Yup

Quote:
What do I do to turn the kindle completely off and what benefits are there to turning it off completely?
Hold the slider until the screen goes blank. Sometimes if its acting buggy they tell you to do a soft reset by turning it off. Otherwise, none.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert