Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
lookin
lookin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Using Calibre on Windows and Linux

Hi,
I have a few ebooks (mostly in pdf format). I want to have these ebooks on a USB thumb drive to carry around. My problem is that I use windows at home and Linux at work and also have a mac laptop.

Is there some simple recipe to be able to read the books on all three Os'es. I do not want to go the web route because I will have setup a static IP for that.

Could I install calibre in different folders on the USB (for win, linux and OSX) and then use these installations to refer to the same database?

I am aware of a portable version but I suspect that it will work only on windows machines...

A detailed recipe would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance!
lookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
cbeerse
cbeerse began at the beginning.

Device: none (my wifes kinlde...)
For pdf documents I'd say keep it simple: install a pdf-reader on all platforms. Optionally put a 'portable installation' on your usb-disk, for example using 'portable apps' (http://portableapps.com/) for the msWindows pc's.

I donnot expect calibre works the way you want it.
cbeerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert