Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #976
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Adoby & Pixiestyx

Did a trial and let my tablet go to sleep with a book open and I did experience the blank screen problem. And closing (remove from Mantano running applications list) worked as Adoby advised earlier.

One problem down
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #977
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
It seems a new update is about to be released. 2.2.6.

Should contain some bug fixes, hopefully the blank book after sleep will be fixed. No mention of that bug as far as I could see, though...

Edit:
Update 2.2.6 tested. The bug is gone, at least it seems so to me. It seems that the behavior has changed slightly. If you restore Mantano now, after the device was asleep, it no longer tries to open the book that was open before. Instead it just starts Mantano. Good enough. No white screen...

Last edited by Adoby; 09-21-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #978
Lord Mahoney
Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Kindle Keyboard
Just tried it last week and liked it, although I can confirm the white screen bug as well.

+1 for the Automatic Collections suggestion!

Last edited by Lord Mahoney; 09-30-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Lord Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #979
bullet
Rookie Mucker
bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 7. Moto G, Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Linux PCs
fbrII
You described the white screen problem better than I did. I neglected to mention the 50% progress bar that is unresponsive. I have not encountered the white screen issue since I responded to kai's post (#966) in post #967.
bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #980
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
I still hope someday Mantano will revive the possibility of changing the colors of text and background for the night mode too. Why not? It was there up unto two months ago. Now you set the daytime colors and through some unpredictable algorithm it makes up a night mode itself, usually completely useless.
Fun to play with though, try some weird colors in day mode and trying to predict what the night mode will look like is a nice pastime.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #981
CyberSmoke53
Enthusiast
CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Just did latest update. I still can not close and exit the app with back arrow. App says to hit back to exit but will not close until I force stop it. If you can not fix the back exit can you add a button to close mantano reader and go yo home. Force closing seems to be extreme. The issue started 5 updates back on my galaxy tab 2 7.0 tablet running ics 4.0.4. Mantano exits correctly on my froyo phone and my honeycomb thrive 10 in tablet so I don't know is ics issue or not. Samsung has updated 4.0.4 twice but Mantano is my only reader that won't close. I have been having to avoid using mantano on the galaxy tab due to this issue. Please fix or give an exit program button.
CyberSmoke53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #982
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

While I agree that it is nice to be able to close an app, I haven't experienced any problems with Mantano partially left in memory. Except perhaps the "white screen on restore" that seems to have been fixed.

Mantano is one of my most used apps, and I don't mind it residing in memory. It seems to take up 26 MB when suspended. Not too bad.

What problems are you experiencing?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #983
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
I've been using Aldiko, with gritted teeth as the double book problem still exists, but just updated Mantano to the latest version 2.27 and will give it a try.
I much prefer Mantano over Aldiko and hope they have solved the recent difficulties.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #984
CyberSmoke53
Enthusiast
CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I have suffered the white screen on restore occassionally, but it bugs me that the program will not exit out gracefully to the home screen in the same way as it does on my other devices. The message to press back to exit does not suspend the program and bring up the home page as on my other devices. Since I have the screen not sleeping while reading more battery is used until I manually go to home screen and the extra storage being used is more of an issue on the little galaxy tab 2 as it has less internal memory and ics doesn't move apps to an external sd like my phone does.
CyberSmoke53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #985
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Ok, then I agree that is an issue.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #986
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSmoke53 View Post
I have suffered the white screen on restore occassionally, but it bugs me that the program will not exit out gracefully to the home screen in the same way as it does on my other devices. The message to press back to exit does not suspend the program and bring up the home page as on my other devices. Since I have the screen not sleeping while reading more battery is used until I manually go to home screen and the extra storage being used is more of an issue on the little galaxy tab 2 as it has less internal memory and ics doesn't move apps to an external sd like my phone does.
When Adoby says "stays in memory" he's referring to RAM, not storage, and both your RAM and app storage are pretty ample for an Android device. You would likely be better off pressing Home or using the running apps button to switch to another app, leaving Mantano open to your current page in your current book. The impact on battery life and RAM is negligible, and there is no impact on storage.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #987
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Argh!...Still getting the white screen of death even with the latest version of Mantano...Too bad they screwed up a very nice ereader...especially when I paid for the ad free version.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:06 AM   #988
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Strange. The white screen is gone on my tablet, after the upgrade to 2.2.6. Before I could easily reproduced the bug by letting the tablet go to sleep, with Mantano suspended and some other app active. After I woke the tablet up I switched to Mantano and it would fail, just display a white screen at 50%.

But now everything seems to work just as it should. I can't reproduce the bug anymore.

But before it restored Mantano to the library view, not to the book that was open. Now it restores to the book that was open, just as it was when suspended.

Wierd.

Just checked. Seems another update has been made. I am running 2.2.7.

Perhaps removing and a reinstall or clearing the cache for Mantano makes the problem go away?

Last edited by Adoby; 09-26-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #989
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Just got another white screen.

This time without trying. Did some other stuff, and then tried to switch to Mantano. White screen.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #990
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
I just ran into a new problem last night where a book stuck on a specific page. When I tapped to change the page, the page turn graphics worked but I remained on the same page. Repeated attempts produced the same results. I then opened the book in another application to test if the problem was with the book file. However, I did not experience the same problem with the other application.

The good news is I reopened the book this morning in Mantano and everything is again working fine.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote