Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
ladybugh
Enthusiast
ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Sage and Elipsa
Stay with original Arc?

Looking at the features of the new models (Arc 7 and Arc 7HD) - what are other original Arc owners planning to do? Stay with the original or switch to a new one.

I do appreciate the stereo speakers on the original. My niece and nephew like to listen to kids talking books and watch netflix cartoons.

Thoughts?
ladybugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
The original Arc has enough horsepower that there's no actual need to upgrade for like another year. It handles everything well except maybe the bleeding edge videogames.

The only reason I`ll be getting a shiny new Arc 7HD is because I gave my oldie to a family member in need.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
I'm very happy with my original Arc and have no plans to upgrade.

But we are thinking of getting the 10" as a family tabet.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
I will not buy it. I have found the arc a little disappointing as a tablet with ereading. Even with wireless off, the battery on mine drains very quickly. What' s the point in having a tablet if you have to turn wireless on/off every time you want to do a search beyond the dictionary? I actually do that a lot.

I have resorted to having my iPad next to me when I read at home. The battery on my iPad lasts forever. If the new Sony had a built in light I would go back to them. Otherwise I may either buy the new aura or fire up my Old Sony 650.
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
First and last. Will never entertain anything by kobo again.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
ladybugh
Enthusiast
ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Sage and Elipsa
Interesting. Thanks for the comments.

I don't have battery issues with my Arc and I use it a lot. I don't use it as a primary reader though - its good but prefer my KoboGlo for dedicated reader.
ladybugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
kimicocopop
kimicocopop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch, kindle fire, possibly Kobo Arc
I won't be getting the new one. I was a bit disappointed with the Arc. I do like tapestries but have had to reset my tablet so many times that using tapestries is sort of a nightmare. So I just use Go launcher. I like e ink (is that what they're called) readers for dedicated reading so the Arc serves my needs for other tasks and when I needs a replacement it will probably be another brand. Who knows though. This tablet should be good for a long time if nothing else malfunctions on it.
kimicocopop is offline   Reply With Quote