Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #61
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Sent along to Chocky : )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mid 80´s grainy television transmission

Crying child ´*No please don´t leave Chocky*´

Chocky ´I have to Matthew´

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah happy days.

Last edited by twobob; 07-25-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: capitality
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #62
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Code sent to odie5533

And yes twobob, I've still got the complete DVD set.
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #63
odie5533
odie5533 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.odie5533 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.odie5533 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.odie5533 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.odie5533 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.odie5533 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.odie5533 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.odie5533 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.odie5533 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.odie5533 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.odie5533 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Android - Acer ICONIA A100
Redeemed and code sent to Howlingwolf.
odie5533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #64
Howlingwolf
Groupie
Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.

Code received and redeemed - Thanks Odie.

I am now the current holder for this code. Please PM me for it.
Howlingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #65
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

After the code has been sent on, can I delete the gmail account I created for this bundle?

Steve
Old 07-26-2012, 03:06 AM   #66
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
You can delete it if you want or keep it to reuse for other Baen bundles.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:16 AM   #67
Chocky
Addict

I don't mean my main account I log into Baen with, i mean the new one shot gmail accounts to use as a new user.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:44 AM   #68
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
-You'd want to keep both your email used for your Baen email account (obviously) and one or two of those throw away emails. You would want to use one (you only need one) of the throw away accounts for PM'ing to people in order to get the certificates/codes. You may want to use a second throwaway account to use for holding codes (if you're at the end of a chain-you may need to keep the throwaway code for up to a year until they expire) in order to keep the holding codes separate. Or, instead of the second throwaway email, you could ask someone on the boards to hold the codes for you so they won't be lost.

-I have two extra emails I use (as stated above), plus the one registered with Baen. I believe you may need only one extra email address (not registered with Baen) in order to get the Bundle certificates/codes and to hold codes. I just prefer having those in 2 separate emails.

-If anyone has any information to the contrary please chime in.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:10 AM   #69
Chocky
Addict

I'm confused now, easily done.

The instructions say to "create an entirely new email just for this particular offer".

So, I think what you have said is to just have one email for getting the code and then another, that is not used much, for using when I am at the end of the chain as a holding method?

At the moment I have created an email for every individual monthly offer.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 07-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #70
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
-Are you talking about the instructions by plib? There are plib's main instructions and many other instructions and screen shots and advice, etc. on all the different Bundle threads. When I first started getting Bundles, I asked someone if I had to have a separate email for each separate Bundle code I request. Their response to me was: "I use just one email that I PM for all the Bundle codes I request" and they had done it more than 5 times. There has been some confusing info. given about different aspects of all this on all the different threads. But, it boils down to this (I believe) about the Email question:

-Email #1 = only used for registration at Baen (and can be you regular personal email), and use it for logging in to Baen to use Bundle Codes received at Email #2

-Email #2 = only used to Receive Bundle Certificates/Codes, you PM this to Mobileread members and request codes for Bundles.

-Email #3 = possibly optional (though I do this), used when you are the last person in the chain for a particular Bundle and you put this Email #3 into the "Gift Email Address" field in the Screen/Step #5 - Order Confirmation screen before you press Place Order. The next Certificate/Code would be sent to this Email #3 and you would hold it in this email for up to a year (until it expires). And, occasionally post in that thread that you are still holding the code, and to PM for it.

-Again, I believe theoretically you can use Email #2 for both Receiving the Bundle Certificates/Codes and Holding the next Certificates/Codes, though I use Email #2 and Email #3, respectively. My Issue about using the same Email for both receiving Bundle codes and Holding bundle codes is that it seems like Baen could trace these back to the same person, i.e. Certificate used by Person registered at Email #1, uses a Code from Email #2, then Gifts next Code back to Email #2. I'm not saying they would have a problem with this or that it wouldn't work, but maybe down the line they might? Not sure, so I just use an Email #3 for holding codes only.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 AM   #71
Chocky
Addict

Excellent, that makes the admin a whole lot easier!

Thanks,

Steve
Old 07-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #72
Howlingwolf
Groupie
Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.

Indeed.

I had this horrifying vision of one-shot email addresses breeding in the dark like old fashioned wire coathangers.

EDIT: Just a reminder. I am the current holder for this code. Please PM me if you want it.

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 07-26-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Howlingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #73
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
For those able to set up a forwarding email address (no real mailbox), those also work fine to receive the codes.

I had one that I changed each time, to get the bundles, but started using the same one after a while, for both the gift code and to sent myself the last code, if needed. that way, it just drops into my real email and if I ever see it starting to get spammed, I just go edit the email address and use a slight variation.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #74
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
For those able to set up a forwarding email address (no real mailbox), those also work fine to receive the codes.

I had one that I changed each time, to get the bundles, but started using the same one after a while, for both the gift code and to sent myself the last code, if needed. that way, it just drops into my real email and if I ever see it starting to get spammed, I just go edit the email address and use a slight variation.
I do something similar. My main email address (and the one I use for Baen) is a forwarding address and I use the "real" unlying address as my gift code address.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #75
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I do something similar. My main email address (and the one I use for Baen) is a forwarding address and I use the "real" unlying address as my gift code address.
Me too. I use spamgourmet addresses (and there are many similar services) for almost anything I register for online. It is easy and I can simply make up a new address on the fly. for example junkblorb.5.cmiller173@xoxy.net will forward the first 5 emails to my real email address. The numeral between the first two periods can be anywhere from 1 to 20. I can also go to the spamgourmet site and specify an exclusive sender for any address I have created so that any email from that sender will be forwarded regardless of the count. I can also reset the counter for any address.

Another option if you use gmail is to take advantage of Google's complete disregard for the standard for email addresses. Gmail ignores periods in the part of the address to the left of the "@". so some.address@gamil.com , someaddress@gmail.com and so.me.add.ress@gmail.com all go to the same account.

And yet another gmail trick: http://lifehacker.com/144397/instant...mail-addresses

Last edited by camiller; 07-27-2012 at 10:06 AM.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote