Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Cybook crashed when reading pdf

Here in norway most of the ebooks are sold as watermarked pdf files made to be read on the 6 inch ereader displays. This has worked relatively well, but I'm having stability problems. My device seems to crash after having read for a few hours. When I press the button nothing happens. There is no green fashing light either and as a result I have no other choice but to reset it. I have not got round to reading any mobi books yet as I mostly read norwegian, and they are only in pdf. This made we wonder if the problem was the format. I know pdf support isn't perfect on alot of devices, but is instability a known problem?
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
magiske
magiske began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alehel View Post
Here in norway most of the ebooks are sold as watermarked pdf files made to be read on the 6 inch ereader displays. This has worked relatively well, but I'm having stability problems. My device seems to crash after having read for a few hours. When I press the button nothing happens. There is no green fashing light either and as a result I have no other choice but to reset it. I have not got round to reading any mobi books yet as I mostly read norwegian, and they are only in pdf. This made we wonder if the problem was the format. I know pdf support isn't perfect on alot of devices, but is instability a known problem?
Yes, since day 1, PDF have been semi broken.
Hopefully the new Adobe/PDF reflowing/render release will fix that.
Should be out very*cough* soon

/Mads
magiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Well, it's good to know that it's not a problem with just my device. I guess I'll read more mobi books untill things improve. The norwegian store claims they will be introducing epub which is great, especially as it will be drm-free, as long as bookeen soon introduces support for it.
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
magiske

From my experience I would put some*cough*'s of that!

Good reading,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote