Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #226
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
after re-installation, there are no more problems with the djvu plugin!
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #227
grandy
grandy began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr1000
thanks Mackx just installed.... :-)
grandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #228
Paquillo
Enthusiast
Paquillo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, Motorola Xoom, Sony PRS-T1
Apparently the new patch works fine. Thanks once more, Marcel.

Paco
Paquillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #229
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Does the patch work on qemu in your setup? In mine it doesn't, neither as an upgrade from p12 or as a fresh install. The install doesn't give any errors though.

I get a black screen when I try to use any of the ways to access books from the home screen (Books/SD Card/Raw Card etc) and then it usually returns me back to the home screen again.

There's a .covers folder now in the System folder and a global.db.pre_db2fs on the root of SDCard.

I'll take a closer look when I have more time.
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #230
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
Does the patch work on qemu in your setup? In mine it doesn't, neither as an upgrade from p12 or as a fresh install. The install doesn't give any errors though.

I get a black screen when I try to use any of the ways to access books from the home screen (Books/SD Card/Raw Card etc) and then it usually returns me back to the home screen again.

There's a .covers folder now in the System folder and a global.db.pre_db2fs on the root of SDCard.

I'll take a closer look when I have more time.
A guess: in emu the SD card has an ext3 file system, whereas in the DR it is vfat... check binaries have execution permissions set.
If .covers folder doesn't contain anything, check "migrate-thumbs" program specially.

EDIT: also check you have enough free room in the emulated SD card

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #231
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks for your help, Iņigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
A guess: in emu the SD card has an ext3 file system, whereas in the DR it is vfat... check binaries have execution permissions set.
I set all the files in the patch as executable before copying to the DR or qemu, so I don't think this is the source of the problem.

Quote:
If .covers folder doesn't contain anything, check "migrate-thumbs" program specially.
There seems to be no problem with the .covers folder. It contains png thumbnails in seperate folders, each with a number corresponding to the id of the file in global.db.

Quote:
EDIT: also check you have enough free room in the emulated SD card
Not a problem either.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:13 AM   #232
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I never run the install script on the qemu, I only do incremental updates of the changed components manually. The install package I only test on the DR.
Do you get any errors in the 'message'-screen of qemu (press Ctrl-Alt-3, Ctrl-Alt-1 to go back to UI)?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #233
rvs
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I never run the install script on the qemu, I only do incremental updates of the changed components manually. The install package I only test on the DR.
Do you get any errors in the 'message'-screen of qemu (press Ctrl-Alt-3, Ctrl-Alt-1 to go back to UI)?
Thanks, I somehow completely forgot about that.

When I try to access Books or SDCard it says "symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/ctb: undefined symbol: ermetadb_get_file_id. After that I think it exits ctb and respawns it. I'll take a closer look later today.

Update: compiling the latest sources from bitbucket and copying them over the installed files on the qemu solves the problem.

Last edited by rvs; 11-03-2011 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:12 AM   #234
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks, I somehow completely forgot about that.

When I try to access Books or SDCard it says "symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/ctb: undefined symbol: ermetadb_get_file_id. After that I think it exits ctb and respawns it. I'll take a closer look later today.

Update: compiling the latest sources from bitbucket and copying them over the installed files on the qemu solves the problem.
So I guess when executing the install script on the qemu, the ermetadb-library is not copied. On my todo-list there is an item to find a way to copy these system components during start-up or shutdown, when they are not yet used...
If the ermetadb.a file in the patch is incorrect we would have heared more problems here :-)
Old 11-03-2011, 05:21 AM   #235
rvs
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
So I guess when executing the install script on the qemu, the ermetadb-library is not copied. On my todo-list there is an item to find a way to copy these system components during start-up or shutdown, when they are not yet used...
If the ermetadb.a file in the patch is incorrect we would have heared more problems here :-)
I think you're right. Perhaps the difference in behaviour between the DR and the qemu has to do with the different filesystems? Or have you heard of similar problems with modifying libraries while they are in use on the DR?
Old 11-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #236
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
I think you're right. Perhaps the difference in behaviour between the DR and the qemu has to do with the different filesystems? Or have you heard of similar problems with modifying libraries while they are in use on the DR?
Copying on the DR seems to succeed every time, but programs using a changed library might crash (which you can sometimes see when installing a new version of the dr1000-patches :-)
Old 11-25-2011, 05:23 AM   #237
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Hi guys,

Now that I have two DR1000s to play with for a while I'm just testing this excellent add-on. I'm having some problems with the FB2 and DJVU plugins that I hope to pinpoint soon (CBZ plugin seems more collaborative). Third complete re-installation in a row ;(

Meanwhile, I have found one bug in the 'Must read' view: PDFs are removed from there after opening them (just as expected), but other files (CBZ) keep sitting there forever.

Also, I find it mighty annoying that item titles at startup page are changed to English, and you can't change them back to other languages again. I'd like this to be fixed, and I am also willing to help with Spanish/German support, and to improve UI design and documentation in general.

I don't know if this is the right thread to report back like this; if it isn't, please redirect me.
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #238
Mackx
Guru

Hi MrWarper,

Any help is welcom. I have put the code for the dr1000 patches in a BitBucket archive here: https://bitbucket.org/mackx/dr1000-hackx. You can contribute by pointing at bugs, giving ideas for future new/changed features, creating translations or sending some code.

If you need any help to build the code yourself to do bug-hunting or create new changes please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarper View Post
Meanwhile, I have found one bug in the 'Must read' view: PDFs are removed from there after opening them (just as expected), but other files (CBZ) keep sitting there forever.
Thanks for reporting. I do not use the cbz plug-in myself, but I will see if I can reproduce it. You can also add the bug as an issue in the bit-bucket site.

Quote:
Also, I find it mighty annoying that item titles at startup page are changed to English, and you can't change them back to other languages again. I'd like this to be fixed, and I am also willing to help with Spanish/German support, and to improve UI design and documentation in general.
The translations are in the .po files that are in each component in the code archive (although I am not sure if the files in the archive match with the current code ).
Quote:
I don't know if this is the right thread to report back like this; if it isn't, please redirect me.
This is the right thread, you can also start a new thread if you want.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #239
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
There are some compatibility issues with the djvu and the comic plugins,
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=75348&page=5
at some stage I thought they were resolved, but in the end I am not really sure about that. Since for me the djvu plugin is essential, I have not installed the comic viewer plugin. I would be interested to hear if anybody gets both djvu and comic viewer working together simultaneously.

Also, at least for me the fb2 reader seemed to work less well than the latest FBReader, so I have not installed it.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #240
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Hi guys, sorry for the delay, but I thought I'd get an automated notification of any thread replies.

I've started a new thread on plugin interaction with my findings in the hope to clarify the problems so anybody already familiar with the sources will probably be able to fix the issues before I even have a look at them.

Mackx, I'm not familiar with the bitbucket stuff, so if it doesn't make a real difference I'd prefer to notify you directly or posting here. Real code or translations will have to wait until I wrap my head around it. Any hints on where to start?

Anyway, another 'bug': if I set an SD folder as start page (btw great idea!), the 'one level up' links displayed on top after boot doesn't really point one level up, but to the start panel / page.

Shall I start with the suggestions? It would take some time to start submitting any real code...

Last edited by MrWarper; 11-30-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: wording and spelling
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote