Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
marcot
marcot began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Feature: Command Line News Fetch?

I have been using Justin Mason's Sitescooper (http://sitescooper.taint.org/) for years to do much of what Calibre does. Sitescooper is also written in Python, and is also a very fine program. As there has been no support for Sitescooper in years, I have been modifying the Python code and updating sitescooper's equivalent of Calibre's "recipies" to keep up with changes--until I found Calibre. I have looked over the manual and the fora, but I haven't found an answer to my question:

How can I use the command line to fetch particular (or all) recipes in my catalog?

Unlike the devices of perhaps most users of Calibre, my device (iPod Touch) has only occasional access to the Internet; I like to write scripts that will download content to my desktop and transfer it to my device during the night. I am happy to see the scheduling feature in the GUI, but I do not want to run Calibre all night long, if I could achieve the same functionality with the CLI on demand.

Any suggestions about how this could be achieved using the existing tools, or comments about whether it would be justified to add the feature to the CLI, would be much appreciated.
marcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcot View Post
How can I use the command line to fetch particular (or all) recipes in my catalog?
If you have your recipe in .recipe file form, this will do it.
Code:
ebook-convert myrecipe.recipe myrecipe.epub
If you run Calibre from source, all recipes are available in .recipe file form in the resources/recipes directory.

Last edited by Starson17; 05-11-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
marcot
marcot began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Thanks Starson! I should have read the manual more closely. I also should have read my original message more closely: Sitescooper is written in Perl, not Python.
marcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Bada Bing
Bada Bing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Using the --list-recipes option I listed the available recipes. Among the titles there is one I'd like to use. But since in some cases the titles are different from the .recipe filenames, I just can't find the .recipe file corresponding to the tile I selected.

How can I find the .recipe file? My understanding is that you can only call ebook-convert with this file as a param and there is no way to simply use one of the titles listed.
Bada Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Use your OS's search abilities to search for the recipe title within the files. Or just open the probable looking recipe files in a text editor and look for the name
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ebook-convert "title.recipe"

works just fine
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #7
Bada Bing
Bada Bing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Use your OS's search abilities to search for the recipe title within the files. Or just open the probable looking recipe files in a text editor and look for the name
Yes, that's what I did. Thanks for the tips.
Bada Bing is offline   Reply With Quote