Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast
Bureaucromancer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Bookmarking Problems

Has anyone else found that bookmarks aren't stored reliably for ePubs just dropped onto the device? I don't have any problems with things synced through the desktop app, or added with ADE, but if they are just on the top level folder sometimes it saves sometimes it doesn't...

Just me?
Bureaucromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
jimr
jimr began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kobo
I've noticed that any epubs either dropped onto the device or loaded using ADE deletes the booksmarks and resets to 'New' everytime I sync using Kobo desktop. This is becoming frustrating...I have to actually remember the page I was on, then click through until I get to it.

Not sure if that's the same problem you have. If it is, then it's not just you
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimr View Post
I've noticed that any epubs either dropped onto the device or loaded using ADE deletes the booksmarks and resets to 'New' everytime I sync using Kobo desktop. This is becoming frustrating...I have to actually remember the page I was on, then click through until I get to it.

Not sure if that's the same problem you have. If it is, then it's not just you
Happens to me too and now it no longer displays the cover art for any of the free books that came with it. I have no plans to sync my reader using kobo software until they work this out.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
jimr

Yes...I think I'll do the same. I love the reader, but there are enough bugs to drive one buggy. I've bought enough books from kobo to keep me going for awhile, so I won't be syncing again until I hear they have an upgrade. Even then...there will be new problems to contend with...oh well, such is technology!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast
Bureaucromancer began at the beginning.

Thanks for that, after some more messing around I've found it isn't connected to ADE at all, and as you said, any sync wipes everything not done with a sync. ARRRGGHH.

That said, with the download option in the store there really isn't a reason you can't just use ADE only - although apparently sync is also the firmware updater.
Bureaucromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
jimr

Exactly. ADE does a nice job of adding to and deleting books from the device. But until syncing will actually add something worthwhile to it (for example, a fix for this and many other things), I won't be syncing again for awhile. I expect Kobo's programers are working a lot of overtime right now....
Old 05-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
SeptemberWasp
SeptemberWasp began at the beginning.

I had this issue a well when using the kobo software it would reset all my reading to "new" again.

My software indicates that I have 5 books in my library of which I think are a random 5 from the free 100. These have never been even opened on my device so I don't know where they came from. They also don't show up in my I'm Reading list when I sync.

The website and the blackberry have no idea what I'm reading and I have yet to have either of them reflect whats actually in my library or reading list.

I doing the same which is just completely avoiding the software until that's resolved.
SeptemberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote