Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 04:47 AM   #16
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Can't find any free ones at that link.
Me neither...
Old 07-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #17
JRM34857
Enthusiast
JRM34857 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / Kindle 3 / Nook Touch
I thought I would try "Tsar Wars (Agents of ISIS, Book 1)." It is 50% off and looks like an interesting series.

Update: The formatting on the epub and LRF versions is horrible. I can't believe those versions made it through Smashword's Quality Control.

Last edited by JRM34857; 07-07-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #18
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
I'm very sorry for the formatting problems. Since I don't have an e-reading device myself, I can only check out the HTML and PDF versions on my computer, and they seemed okay. I hope you'll manage some way to read the book, and that you'll enjoy it once you get past the technical difficulties--and I'll pass your complaints on to Smashwords.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #19
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
I'm very sorry for the formatting problems. Since I don't have an e-reading device myself, I can only check out the HTML and PDF versions on my computer, and they seemed okay. I hope you'll manage some way to read the book, and that you'll enjoy it once you get past the technical difficulties--and I'll pass your complaints on to Smashwords.
Just FYI there are a number of ebook readers of different types that can be installed on your PC (or, I imagine, Mac.) I have the Calibre program on my netbook and use its reader (find it in its own forum here on MR) and also the B&N and Kindle versions in case I want to look at a sample in one of those.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:10 AM   #20
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the advice Bex. My situation is a little more complicated even than that. Right now, for reasons passing human comprehension I'm having to run a Linux system on a Mac machine, and very little seems to be compatible with it. I'll give some of those apps a try and see if I can get anything to work.

@JRM34857: With Mark Coker's help, I've upgraded the formatting on Tsar Wars. If you go back to the site and download it again (you don't have to pay for it a second time) the newest version may be in much better shape. Please let me know if this version is any better.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 AM   #21
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
Thank you for the advice Bex. My situation is a little more complicated even than that. Right now, for reasons passing human comprehension I'm having to run a Linux system on a Mac machine, and very little seems to be compatible with it. I'll give some of those apps a try and see if I can get anything to work.
Just the thought makes my head hurt, but then I'm the kind that takes her plain vanilla PCs out of the box and runs them as is. I hope you do find something. The Calibre people here seem very supportive and I gather it runs fine on a regular Linux setup so you might want to check into that. Very nice program. Good luck! (Off to check out your books.)
Old 07-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #22
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Thanks for the sympathetic ear and the additional advice. I hope you'll find something of mine you like. If you find anything that's formatted hinky, let me know. I'm starting on a crusade to re-format all of the books there to make them better.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:35 AM   #23
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Stephen

One book I did find an issue with is Agents of ISIS 05 - Stellar Revolution. I was reading this book away on holidays using my PDA running Freda (ePUB) and the book completely locked the PDA up. I am still not sure if Freda was too blame as I loaded another book without issue.

Cheers

Mike
Old 11-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #24
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Veterans' Day special

In honor of Veterans' Day, I'm having a special 50% off sale ($4.50) on the ebook version of my military science fiction book The Eternity Brigade. Just enter coupon code UQ52B when you make your purchase. The coupon is good through Sunday, Nov. 14.

Happy reading!
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, future, low prices, military, military science fiction, price reduction, sale, science fiction, soldiers, war