Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
YoYo
YoYo began at the beginning.

Device: Astak ezreader pocket pro
Pdf won't display in pocket pro- HELP!

I have a 5" pocket pro and suddenly can no longer view Adobe digital editions pdf files on the device. I have two library books that I was in the middle of reading, they show up in the list of titles but when I select them, nothing happens, they do not open. I tried a non DRM pdf file and it displays fine. Epubs are also fine.

I also tried removing the files and reinstalling them but they do not work. I can open both files in Adobe digital editions on my computer and have plenty of time left for the library loan. This is very mysterious and upsetting to me so please help.
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
angurs
angurs began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I have the same issues but mine is drm-epub. Books on Board thinks it's the firmware. Astak advised to back up all my files, format my internal memory and update the device firmware.
angurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
On the Sony Readers you can't have both DRMed PDF and DRMed ePub on the device at the same time. I don't know the details, and I have not heard of the same problem being on the Pocket Pro - but this does sound somewhat similar.

The other possibility with lending library ebooks is having the wrong date on the pocket pro (latest firmware has date setting feature).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
You didn't by chance delete the hidden file that has your ADE authentication in it?
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
YoYo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
You didn't by chance delete the hidden file that has your ADE authentication in it?
Not that I am aware of, how can I check this? If I had deleted it wouldn't the DRM epubs also not work?

Also, they were working fine and suddenly stopped without me touching anything which is so weird.

I have the latest firmware also.
Advert
Old 11-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
Not that I am aware of, how can I check this? If I had deleted it wouldn't the DRM epubs also not work?

Also, they were working fine and suddenly stopped without me touching anything which is so weird.

I have the latest firmware also.
If you haven't deleted any files you probably have not deleted it. Also if the other files are working then you probably haven't deleted it.

To find it, on the SD Card and on the internal memory, there is a hidden folder that is named: .adobe-digital-editions with one file called device. I believe this has the id for the ADE DRM. Does anyone know for sure?

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:20 AM   #7
YoYo

Thanks everyone for all the help. I thought I had the latest firmware but found a new one on the website, updated and it now works again. Not only that but the display is much nicer for the pdf file and there are a few new options in the menu.