Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #76
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I've been working on a map (for a potential fiction project) for a bit...

www.davidpiercey.com/maps/abebe

You can also view some of my photography there as well.

Next project, a father's day gift/card to make with my grade 2 class. Any suggestions?
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #77
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post

Beautiful and interesting!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #78
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:

Next project, a father's day gift/card to make with my grade 2 class. Any suggestions?
How about planting a tomato plant in a pot? The kids would get a learning experience, dads would be touched, and just maybe it might yield a big juicy tomato.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #79
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Ha. This thread was my idea (sort of), and I'm only just now catching up!

I can't find most of my pix of projects right now, but here are a couple. Unfortunately, I'm not a very good photographer.

The disks on the left set of earrings are made from silver clay (clay milled to a fine grain and mixed with an organic binder, which fires out leaving 99.9% fine silver). They were stamped with a butterfly image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	red_black_earrings.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	29969   Click image for larger version

Name:	green_set.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	29970  
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #80
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
oh my ! i just read this entire thread. at first i was clicking the multiquote tag for each post i wanted to respond to, but i had to give up, because i soon realised i would be quoting the entire thread !

everyone is so talented, i'm very impressed !!!

i love everyone's jewelry, particularly those rough twisted silver wires, dg. i've made a bit of jewelry in the past so i know how much time and care it takes ! i've got no photos though, sorry.

peverel, i am currently lusting in my heart for a semi-autonomous robot to play with my cats and possibly do a bit of light housework. i'm truly amazed you built those. please tell us more, and post more photos !!!! (and remember : do not anger your semi-autonomous robot overlords.)

rse, i bow before your book-binding skills. those are magnificent. i can't wait to see more of them !

quilts... i would never have the patience for that ! i'm really impressed.

sweetpea, those origami forms are AMAZING !! i've done some origami myself and i like it a lot but nothing so complex, by far ! (also, you must have tiny little fingers to fold that last cube !!! it must be measured in micro-metres instead of millimetres !

dg, that dirty car artist is unbelievable. but i see a problem with his work. if i had a car, and i discovered one of his pictures on it, i would never wash it again, and never drive it for fear of rain !!!

i can't wait to see the next photos ! you lot are really impressive !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #81
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh my ! i just read this entire thread. at first i was clicking the multiquote tag for each post i wanted to respond to, but i had to give up, because i soon realised i would be quoting the entire thread !

everyone is so talented, i'm very impressed !!!

i love everyone's jewelry, particularly those rough twisted silver wires, dg. i've made a bit of jewelry in the past so i know how much time and care it takes ! i've got no photos though, sorry.

peverel, i am currently lusting in my heart for a semi-autonomous robot to play with my cats and possibly do a bit of light housework. i'm truly amazed you built those. please tell us more, and post more photos !!!! (and remember : do not anger your semi-autonomous robot overlords.)

rse, i bow before your book-binding skills. those are magnificent. i can't wait to see more of them !

quilts... i would never have the patience for that ! i'm really impressed.

sweetpea, those origami forms are AMAZING !! i've done some origami myself and i like it a lot but nothing so complex, by far ! (also, you must have tiny little fingers to fold that last cube !!! it must be measured in micro-metres instead of millimetres !

dg, that dirty car artist is unbelievable. but i see a problem with his work. if i had a car, and i discovered one of his pictures on it, i would never wash it again, and never drive it for fear of rain !!!

i can't wait to see the next photos ! you lot are really impressive !

Well, Zelda, how should a book be made for a vegetarian Queen? What sort of cover, ect...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #82
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Well, Zelda, how should a book be made for a vegetarian Queen? What sort of cover, ect...
Cover it with fish!!! On a plate, with the head!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #83
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

No chocolate fudge for you!!!!
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #84
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:

Ooooohhhh . . . that's just mean.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #85
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Folks, you have to go to plain old:

http://www.davidpiercey.com

to get to the photography, but, trust me, it's worth it. You're sure to find something that appeals. Love your work, David.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #86
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Your photos are just lovely. Beautiful work. Thanks for the direct link Marc.

I really like the chess set in the still life class.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #87
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Ooooohhhh . . . that's just mean.
(sshhhh.......don't tell Madame Z!!!)
Old 05-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #88
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

I've been suffering all afternoon from karma blockage.

When did this 24 hour time constraint begin, and when does it end? Y'all know what I'm talking about. I guess I need to go back and read over that karma thread again 'cause I can't remember all the rules. Bah, hum-bug.

I guess I'll try to catch up tomorrow with k-dusting those of you that I've been trying to sprinkle on today. Ohl be baaack, as the Gov. of CA so eloquently puts it.

Carry on . . .
Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #89
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
(sshhhh.......don't tell Madame Z!!!)
Why? Does she have a bigger stick than you have?
Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #90
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Why? Does she have a bigger stick than you have?
Not sure, but I don't want to find out......