Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
evwool
Connoisseur
evwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Palm M515, Palm VX, Kindle 3 WiFi
Word to HTML no such file or directory

Thought I'd better start this as a new thread. I use Plucker and Word 2000 with a Palm M515. I've installed Ms's Word to HTML converter. I have a document with a 'table of contents' formed with Word's hyperlinks and linking to parts within the same document (the parts are defined by using Heading Styles). When I convert the document to HTML the links work but when I put the resulting HTML into Plucker and run the Update button, I get the error message Retrieval Failed 404..No such file or directory appearing a few times
In Plucker on my Palm, some of the hyperlinks work and some give me an External Link not downloaded error (yet all the hyperlinks are to places in the same document. I've made various adjustments to the document, removing an Outline numbering style which I had been using for the Heading style, recreating the hyperlinks. I deleted the file from my Palm deleted and recreated the HTML document and reloaded into Plucker and then onto my Palm. Exactly the same links failed as before and I had the identical error message when I converted it. Any suggestions?
evwool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:50 AM   #2
evwool
Connoisseur
evwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Palm M515, Palm VX, Kindle 3 WiFi
Well, I don't know why, but I've found the solution. If I use Sunrise Desktop to convert the document, then the links all work.
evwool is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert