Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2016, 05:18 AM   #46
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Lighter, they weight almost nothing.
Aaahhh, now this is something to pay a premium price for! But still only black though
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:26 AM   #47
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Aaahhh, now this is something to pay a premium price for! But still only black though
Not Gecko, the other one And it's golden Gecko cover (I have it for Aura in blue/turquoise) is heavier than other slimfit covers.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2016, 06:02 AM   #48
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
It is quite expensive IMO. Are they worth it?
I don't know. They look a lot like the €10 or so cover I've been using for my KPW1 for four years. I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually the same as some of the el-cheapo e-bay covers, but with their own brand name/stamp on it.

There are a lot of companies who do this. I've often seen covers in Dutch web stores that look exactly like the €5-10 China-made covers, but will cost €15-20. The only difference is the brand name stamped on the inside of the cover. Some of the more expensive ones have a logo worked into the front cover, but I wouldn't be surprised if you can just contact one of the manufacturers to have this done.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:34 PM   #49
Dark-marmotte
Dark-marmotte began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
hello , i bought this cover on amazon and it is really nickel and solid
Dark-marmotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:28 AM   #50
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-marmotte View Post
That's strange, the German Amazon version doesn't have this penholder thingy, but the English (and American) Amazon does.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2016, 08:07 AM   #51
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
For those with money to spend (not me, I seem to be always broke), Noreve is offering KA1 covers now.

http://www.noreve.com/de/aura-one/34...-aura-one.html
Those look awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You are eeeeeeevil Slim fit and auto wake function

My God! They have a cover by 142€
The most expensive I can find is €155

Quote:
Jepp, that's me

There is another style, too

http://www.noreve.com/de/aura-one/34...-aura-one.html
Don't like that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
The notice that the Gecko cover can be pre-ordered has been removed, so it probably is in stock now. Maybe I'll try it. As I'm in the Netherlands, getting it and returning it if so desired is easy.
I do like Gecko covers in general, good quality, but I really would prefer a slimfit...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:00 AM   #52
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I do like Gecko covers in general, good quality, but I really would prefer a slimfit...
Quoting the geckocovers support:

Quote:
Thank you for your message.

The luxe case for the Aura One will only be in the color black.
However there will be a slimfit cover for the Kobo Aura One and this will come in multiple colors.
I can not say when this will come out for sure.

If you have any furthermore questions please ask me.
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #53
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
If that Norève cover works like a auto-sleep slimfit cover without a clasp, then I think it's worth the money (if you don't go for the super expensive versions). You can personalize it, and it's real leather. The older Norève cover always had some sort of 'claws' to hold the reader, which I didn't like.

I'm going to look into this.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #54
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepanda View Post
Quoting the geckocovers support:
Then I'll wait or even go for one of those Noreve covers (they look awesome!)
Old 10-12-2016, 09:34 AM   #55
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-marmotte View Post
What does it look like in real life? The black one does have the frame but the red one looks like it has no frame and two magnets on the side on the photos. I didn't dare to buy one because I wasn't sure what I'd get.

Does your red cover have a frame or not?
Old 10-12-2016, 09:37 AM   #56
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Then I'll wait or even go for one of those Noreve covers (they look awesome!)
Yes they do! And I already found a colour or two that I love.

Oh my! Looks like it will be a noodles-with-ketchup-month once again
Old 10-12-2016, 01:28 PM   #57
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

I found the way to get these without my husband complaining:

Me: I found a very nice cover for my One. The most expensive is €155!
He: And the one you want is €170?
Me: No, only €60.

See, everything is better if you start high

Edit: I ordered it, ended up at €75, as I wanted a different inside colour... (and the colour I wanted was €65)

Last edited by Sweetpea; 10-12-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #58
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:

Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #59
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:

There is a 15% code till midnight. VOILE16
Old 10-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #60
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
There is a 15% code till midnight. VOILE16

You filthy enabler wonder if it is on the UK site too .. . . trots off to check it out!
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote