Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #22966
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
We have a Saeco, bought it as a Christmas present for my parents a few years ago. The pot keeps the coffee hot all day long too.

----

So a few weeks ago, the imaging people call me up to tell me that they can't do a MRI on my head until I figure out whether there's metal in my head from a surgery I had when I was 3-6 months old. So they tell me to research it.

And so I went through the process of getting medical record forms, getting the information for my surgeons, one who isn't even practicing anymore. And then I brought them back to be sent yesterday.

Today I get a call from the doctors asking me whether I was going to get that MRI done, and I told them that I gave them the forms yesterday to send out because the imaging people didn't want to do it in fear of pulling out the piece. They didn't have a CLUE what I was on about.

So, the imaging people call me and say there's been some miscommunication, and that they can do an X-Ray to figure out whether they can do it or not.

Been sitting here for 2+ weeks with discomfort in my head and NOW they're giving me this option?!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #22967
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
So, the imaging people call me and say there's been some miscommunication, and that they can do an X-Ray to figure out whether they can do it or not.

Been sitting here for 2+ weeks with discomfort in my head and NOW they're giving me this option?! [/QUOTE]

Here's hoping that things go smoothly from hereon.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #22968
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Had my first good night in a week and half. And the irritated areas are a lot less red. I did notice that after 8 hours or so the very dry areas start to itch a bit. And I was wondering if it's okay to put something on it to keep the skin from drying out, because I think that it causing that itching (since the not so dry bits aren't itching at all). I was thinking about coconut oil without additives or something.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #22969
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Been sitting here for 2+ weeks with discomfort in my head and NOW they're giving me this option?!
I hope you'll get better soon!
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #22970
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
We use Cetaphil, a moisturizer, for DB. We put it on him in the morning and the night. His red, bumpy spots have gone away. We use aquaphor on his face. So yes you can put something on. A good mositurizer will do the trick. Not something that can squirt out of a tube but a thicker paste. And you can use the moisturizer whenever you need to during the day.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #22971
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Had my first good night in a week and half. And the irritated areas are a lot less red. I did notice that after 8 hours or so the very dry areas start to itch a bit. And I was wondering if it's okay to put something on it to keep the skin from drying out, because I think that it causing that itching (since the not so dry bits aren't itching at all). I was thinking about coconut oil without additives or something.
Here's a page from the National Eczma Society about suitbale products: http://www.eczema.org/emollients
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #22972
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Rumple, as someone who has suffered with psoriasis since she was 12, I feel your pain.

Update! Update! I have a job. Sort of. Firstly, my boss at my (now old) job became ill and I was given an extension at full-time until Aug. 2. After that, I could say on at 20 hours a week.

Well, since it is a 56-mile-one-way commute, that wasn't the greatest stop-gap for me. Luckily, I got another part-time but this one is 30 hours a week (while it lasts) and close enough to home that I could walk there if I want. It is at the local annex of a larger community college in the region but it is being phased out and taken over by another school after May. Still, it makes more sense as a stop-gap to me.

I thing my rant right now would be the tire on my bike going flat. My new job is near the rails to trails trailhead and I want to bike to work.

Last edited by covingtoncat73; 09-05-2013 at 10:17 AM.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #22973
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Update! Update! I have a job. Sort of. Firstly, my boss at my (now old) job became ill and I was given an extension at full-time until Aug. 2. After that, I could say on at 20 hours a week.

Well, since it is a 56-mile-one-way commute, that wasn't the greatest stop-gap for me. Luckily, I got another part-time but this one is 30 hours a week (while it lasts) and close enough to home that I could walk there if I want. It is at the local annex of a larger community college in the region but it is being phased out and taken over by another school after May. Still, it makes more sense as a stop-gap to me.
Congratulations!
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #22974
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
We use Cetaphil, a moisturizer, for DB.
Thank you for the tip! It seems it's also available in the Netherlands so I'm going to see if my drugstore/chemist has got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Here's a page from the National Eczma Society about suitbale products: http://www.eczema.org/emollients
Ah, it's got some great tips on there.

Quote:
Rumple, as someone who has suffered with psoriasis since she was 12, I feel your pain.
Thank you all for your compassion!
Today was miles better, the spots were a lot less red and inflamed. During the afternoon the dry spots started itching again (I'm only allowed to put cortisone cream on twice a day) so I put a layer of coconut oil on it and that helped, too. The hot and humid weather today and tomorrow (30C and this morning 91% humidity) isn't helping.

My rant today:
My favourite artist, Ligabue, has released a new single and according to his website it should be available on iTunes...but it isn't in the Netherlands.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #22975
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post

Here's hoping that things go smoothly from hereon.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

I hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Update! Update! I have a job. Sort of.
Yay! Congratulations!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #22976
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
My rant today:
My favourite artist, Ligabue, has released a new single and according to his website it should be available on iTunes...but it isn't in the Netherlands.
As rants go, this seems to be a much better one to have!

My rant: It took me several weeks and multiple calls to get Verizon to acknowledge that the cell phone they provided was defective. They finally agreed to replace it, but only after making me sit through a spiel about how the replacement would be a refurb that met their strict quality standards.

The replacement phone is defective. Off we go, again.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #22977
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well maybe the issue is they have low standards!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #22978
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
The replacement phone is defective. Off we go, again.
Actually that's not all that uncommon; when you get a refurb phone you just got someone else's problem, and if it didn't show up on their diagnostics it didn't get fixed.

Did you ever wonder what happens to cars that get replaced under the lemon law? Same with phones!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #22979
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
At least they made sure you had to call back "Verysoon"
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #22980
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Heh. My refurbished Galaxy S2 had stripped screws. I didn't notice until I needed to replace a part.

X-Rays went fine. They didn't find anything in there. But needed to make sure.

Kinda weird, they said it was on a walk in basis, and when I got there, they were like, "Well, we can see if we can fit you in."

And then the guy who did the tests just sent me out, and the lady was clueless again. I left without paying too.

Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness