Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Jetbook Color 2 on CES 2013: Hands on with e-Ink Triton 2

e-Ink Triton 2 and Front Lite Technology on CES 2013

http://goodereader.com/blog/e-reader...te-technology/

"In this video we speak to Giovanni Mancini, Project Manager at e-Ink Holdings. He shows us the Ectaco Jetbook Color 2 and a new prototype e-reader with Triton 2 and Front Lite technology."

e-Ink Triton 2 is the next generation color display screens for your traditional e-reader. This is an added layer of film that will give customers a higher degree of contrast and better color display from the previous generation. Triton 1 had a grid of 2×2 pixels, red, green, blue, and white and used a square color filter array. Meanwhile, Triton 2 has the same color display, but instead of using square pixels it is using rectangular. It should give you 4096 degrees of color with 16 levels of each.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #2
esquire415
Enthusiast
esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 7" Notion Ink Adam
I know Qualcomm is no longer making Mirasol displays (just looking to license it) but where is Samsung's Liquavista at CES 2013? And I thought this will be the year of the color e-reader.

How come there's no mention of major e-Reader players like Amazon, B&N and Sony in your interview? Are they not interested in the Triton 2 to be implemented in their next e-Readers? Color is the only thing i've been waiting for for these e-Readers. B&N has phased out their Nook Color which should have been color e-ink, maybe they'll resurrect it using Triton 2 technology or some other tech like, Mirasol or Liquavista (if Samsung licenses the technology)

Last edited by esquire415; 01-10-2013 at 03:26 AM.
esquire415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
My mouth is literally watering, I don't like the glare, though, which is inert to the glass surface . Too bad Pocketbook may sell it for too high a price. I want Amazon to use this on the Kindle Paperwhite Color!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
The Triton 2 with front light did look pretty impressive. I hope that it is released, and that it is affordable!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
i got my company to purchase jetbook colors for all of us last year to store documents so i might have to make a push for this one too

i wanna see more about the screen!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Meh. Just like the Kindle PW they had the light turned up all the way where it looks nice and white but where it is way to bright to comfortably read. I bet when the light is turned down to a comfortable reading level it will look like a POS just like the Kindle PW screen, only there might be even more color blotching since it is a color screen. Ans why would I want a lit color eInk type screen for night reading when I have blazingly fast tablets that already do that without the slow washed out color?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Kris what is your evaluation of the new reader as an existing Jetbook customer?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Kris what is your evaluation of the new reader as an existing Jetbook customer?
I think new unit not available yet. It was just introduced on CES yesterday. I like my original jetBook Color but I want to see jetBook Color 2 to compare screens.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
Interesting all around. I like the idea of the front light ONLYYY if you can turn it off.

I'm still really adamant about that 'authentic' reading experience. The front light prototype looks a little bit to tablet-e for me. Though i would really like to see them in real life. *buys a ticket to vegas* haha.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
Kris777
Banned

One more video from CES with Triton 2 screen:

Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #11
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Gosh, the glare is really bad, but marginal cost difference sounds awesome!
Thanks for sharing!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #12
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Why is color e-rink so glossy and reflective? My black and white e-ink is not like that.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #13
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
Why is color e-rink so glossy and reflective? My black and white e-ink is not like that.
As far as I know, the lights at CES aren't your regular type and they make the glare look worse. I don't know what ereader you have, but if you find a video of it being presented at CES you can compare to how you see it to know how the lighting in the room affects the perception of glare.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #14
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I am waiting waiting waiting for front-lit color e-ink. I will be on it like a duck on a bug.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Nice screen, looks impressive. Unfortunately unless you have a good ereader with good support and firmware, the new impressive screen will be overall less than impressive.

I certainly hope Ectaco can learn from the first colour ereader mistakes they made and do a good job of this release. It would not suprise me if Amazon/Kobo didn't come out with colour ereaders next round.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ces jetbook color, color eink, jetbook color, jetbook color 2, triton 2