Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
sharedwindow
sharedwindow began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Nook, Kindle for Mac
Buying a new battery

Do I have to buy a new battery for my Opus off the Bookeen site or can I just buy it somewhere else? I'd rather not pay $18 for shipping a little battery.
sharedwindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
You don't have to buy it from the Bookeen site, you can just buy it somewhere else.
And the Pocketbook 360 and many Netronix clones such as Foxit Slick, CoolReader, Italica use the same battery, if you by chance find one for these readers.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Any battery recommendations?

I've been using my Opus for about 3 years and I think the battery is finally dead. Doing a reset through the back doesn't work, and plugging in the Opus to my computer doesn't even turn on the light. Tried keeping it plugged for a couple of hours anyway and still reset doesn't work.

I started looking into getting a new battery. The one of the Bookeen site is for $30 and I'd rather pay for something cheaper. I found this one:

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/339

But it mentions that the battery require special charging and not to attempt to charge it with anything but a specialized Lithium Polymer charger.

Don't know much about ereader batteries and this sounds like I need to buy a separate charger? Does anyone have any recommendations on sites to buy the battery from and which charger I should get?
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Your Cybook Opus is the specialized charger. If the specifications are right, then there should be no problems.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote