Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperPearl View Post
I've been using my Fire for everything lately, since it's new and shiny and all, but honestly... I prefer my K2 for reading. In the dark (and most of my reading is done at night, in bed, with poor lighting) the lowest of the Fire's brightness settings is still too bright for my eyes. I find that my K2 with a clip-on light is much easier on my eyes in a dark room.

The Fire can be used for reading - and I use it for reading all the time - but I vastly prefer eInk over the Fire's LCD.
Get the ScreenDim app and you can read at night! I agree it's much too bright without the app but with the app you can read on it just fine.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #17
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Juniper..there is now an app to help you lower the Fires brightness way way down

http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Centauri...5829379&sr=1-1
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
hoosiermama
Enthusiast
hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
I read at night using the Kindle Fire, in the day I use the kindle 3.
I find myself using my Touch to read at lunch (at work), but the Fire for reading at night at home. I know I'll use the Touch for reading outside in the spring/summer/fall. For reading in a dark room, I use ScreenDim to make it most comfortable for me. I've actually been surprised at how much reading I've been doing on the Fire. It's been a nice surprise for me.
hoosiermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #19
JustDennis
JustDennis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi, Kindle Fire
I was also surprised by how much I read on the Fire. Reading at night is much better and I have been doing all my daytime reading on the fire as well. The only exception is when I want to read outside in the sunlight and I switch back to my DX.
JustDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #20
GhostKobold
GhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 4g, Kindle Fire, Nook ST
PDF's and Comics are better on the fire.
For everything else I prefer eink.
GhostKobold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #21
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm not finding my fire as good as my K3 for reading regular text, except at night. The screen is still a bit too twitching and I accidentally bring up the location, and top and bottom bars far too many times. It's certainly good enough, but I wish it was a little smoother.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #22
Dragonfly310
Dragonfly310 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I guess I'm one of the weird ones that prefer the backlight over e-ink. No, I can't read from the kfire outside, but I rarely read outside anyway.
Dragonfly310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #23
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
I use my Kindle Fire mainly for reading (and a little bit of web browsing) and love it. Before, I had a Kindle 3 Keyboard, but I broke its display after about a month of using it.

Both are great for reading, the eInk device possibly a little better so. But given its fragility and the fact that I am already spending way too much money on electronic devices, I sold the replacement Kindle 3 Keyboard I got from Amazon to somebody else and am now using only the Fire.

Best regards,
Andy

PS: I just checked, I've read about 15 books with about 10,000 pages on my Kindle Fire since I got it last year, so it is definitively usable for reading books ;-)
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #24
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I just got my Kindle Fire and I love it. But I also have the Kindle 3 and I love it too. I am using my Kindle fire a lot for reading an also the web and I use my Kindle 3 for reading mostly when I am out on my porch rocking or in my car waiting on my wife at times.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote