Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 05-09-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
New E Ink reader hits the streets: lBook eReader V3

MobileReader LVD posted the first details of the upcoming lBook (aka HanLin) eReader V3. The juicy specs:
  • Dimensions 184mm(L) * 120.5mm(W) * 9.9mm(H)
  • Weight: 200g
  • CPU: Samsung 2440 Arm 9 (200 MHz)
  • Screen: 6" 800x600, 4 levels of grey (E Ink)
  • Memory: 32Mb SDRAM, 2.0Mb ROM, 512Mb (Flash Disk)
  • Expansion: SD/MMC (up to 4Gb)
  • Connectivity: WiFi (optional, planned)
  • Touch Screen: WaCom Pen (optional, planned)
  • Interfaces: USB 1.1, headphone
  • Supported Formats: FB2, PDF, TXT, DOC, HTML, MP3, WOL, JPG

According to LVD the V3 is going on sale in the Ukraine in July 2007, at relatively low 240 Euro. Availability in the US is scheduled for September or October 2007.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:04 AM   #2
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Great!
Since Sony does not want to serve Europe I'll probably get one of these.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:13 AM   #3
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
This one looks more promising so far, in terms of price at least
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
This could be an alternative for all of us, however we'll have to wait for the first hands-on experiences before we get too over-exited.
Also, please don't forget that the Ukraine is not part of the EU and thus you'll have to pay import-VAT if you're unlucky which can easily bring the price up quite a bit since it's 19% now in Germany. Of course it's possible that LVD and friends will send these out declared as costing 0€ (or something similar) and then you'd get past that hurdle unscathed...I know it worked with the STAReBOOK from Chna, it got through without problems declared as 0$ and I never paid any import VAT or toll fees...but of course in that case it was legal to do it that way since I did not pay for the STAReBOOK either...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:55 AM   #5
LVD
Connoisseur
LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Smile

Dear sirs,

We do not plan sale of devices by mail. We have a warehouse in Hungary (EU) and a wholesale price in a warehouse 205-215 euros.

Partners for east and the western Europe are necessary to us !

--------------

e-mail: vlv@muk.com.ua

Vladimir Levchenko

I wait your offers. Orders less than 50-100 devices I do not consider

Last edited by LVD; 05-10-2007 at 12:59 AM.
LVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:56 AM   #6
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD
I wait your offers. Orders less than 50-100 devices I do not consider
LVD, it would probably help if someone from MobileRead did a hands-on review of the V3. Should it be positive you'll probably get those 50-100 device without a problem.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:16 AM   #7
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I live in Hungary and I have a small company which can handle this. I am going to contact Vladimir about this.

Meanwhile, if you are interested, please drop me an email: blackvoid@freemail.hu (I use this just as a spam protection). If there are enough people interested, I can buy the hardware in bulk and send it out at list price + shipping.
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:19 AM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
read the other thread TadW...there are going to be sample devices in June (if everything goes according to plan) and LVD already put me on the list for a Review device.
We haven't talked about the details yet, but I guess we'll come to an agreement.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #9
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
I'd be very interested in a touchscreen / WLAN version, especially if it offers annotation or simple note taking capabilities
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
tuktuk
tuktuk began at the beginning.

Device: Zaurus
Interesting news.

However, please do stop saying *the* Ukraine. It has been Ukraine (without *the*) for the last 16 years after Ukraine gained independence in 1991. Before 1991, Ukraine was part of the Russian/Soviet empire, and it had "the" in front of it because Ukraine was considered just a name of an area of geography.

You don't say the France, the Germany. Only the names of countries that consist of states or autonomous areas carry "the" in their names: the Russian Federation (but Russia), the United States (but Alabama, etc.), the United Kingdom (but England, Scotland, Wales).
tuktuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Thanks for pointing that out, tuktuk -- it had totally slipped by me, and I prefer not to be insensitive by accident when I can help it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #12
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
If they end up offering onboard HWR, I'll dump my iLiad and switch.

Meanwhile, my offer to do usability testing with a non-technical focus group of book lovers stands.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:07 AM   #13
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuktuk
Interesting news.

However, please do stop saying *the* Ukraine. It has been Ukraine (without *the*) for the last 16 years after Ukraine gained independence in 1991. Before 1991, Ukraine was part of the Russian/Soviet empire, and it had "the" in front of it because Ukraine was considered just a name of an area of geography.

You don't say the France, the Germany. Only the names of countries that consist of states or autonomous areas carry "the" in their names: the Russian Federation (but Russia), the United States (but Alabama, etc.), the United Kingdom (but England, Scotland, Wales).
Thanks for the info
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #14
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
read the other thread TadW...there are going to be sample devices in June (if everything goes according to plan) and LVD already put me on the list for a Review device.
We haven't talked about the details yet, but I guess we'll come to an agreement.
CommanderROR has got to be the luckiest guy in the world to get to perform all these hands-on reviews! Man, I so envy you (though not when you get a stinker)!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:20 AM   #15
walkbook.net
walkbook.net began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8 - V2 walkbook.net
Dear Mobileread users:::

We are www.walkbook.net / OEM partner of Jinke products. We are opening our EU office in Paris / FRANCE by end of this month. You can purchase V2 and V8 now; starting end of June 2007, V3 will be available as well.

Visit our web site and do not hesitate contacting us for your questions.

Best Regards,

Cinar Kurra
walkbook.net is offline   Reply With Quote