Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-22-2016, 06:52 AM   #76
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
Ok, I built Amazon's tool, funny for me to compile a compiler - anyway, this time everything is working fine! I can vouch for Amazon's method (although actually the tar that gets built seemed to have a problem for me, but luckily I could just copy the un-tar'd files from /build

And then yeah, just copy the headers and libs etc, my project compiled!
Thanks for all the help!

I'll make a video and upload my little thing on github soon.

I would like to print a message to the screen, similar to the output usbnet prints when you toggle a setting. So when the usb device is pulled out, or can't be found etc, it would be good to get user input.
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:28 AM   #77
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@zxczxc:
Your problem report was on gcc version 4.9, your success report was on gcc version 4.8 .

Was (is) your makefile and gcc options identical when you used each version and gcc had changed is behavior between versions?

Or was (is) there changes other than version number?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:39 AM   #78
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
knc1 - My old code is gone now, I changed my project to c++11 because it's more comfortable for me!

But I can easily make something small to test again, the code wasn't the problem, it was just compiling.

I think the issue I was facing was not knowing exactly where to put the libraries from the kindle.
I just tested, putting some more at:
/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/

and that got rid of some errors, I think it would be possible to get working.

I would imagine the version 4.8/4.9 is not the issue, just user error because I'm new and not fully understanding where to put things.
I'm quite certain I put them in the right place, but, I guess I didn't. It might be really simple.
It took a few attempts to copy the libs and get them where I want, maybe that was the problem.

I'm just happy I have it set up and working now!

..Although when testing to get the previous toolchain working, instead of copying I mistakenly mv'd all my libs from the working set up, and now it's a total mess. So I have to set it all up again
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #79
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I was just curious, the gcc project has been known to make un-compatible behavior changes between minor versions.

If we should be telling people: "Avoid 4.9 or do <whatever>" that would be helpful to know.

Ah, "gcc" is just the driver for a family of applications -
the C and the C++ compilers are different applications, each of which might have there own quirks.
And then there is (usually) g++ included, which is another ball of wax and worms.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:28 PM   #80
wodan16
Enthusiast
wodan16 began at the beginning.

Device: kt3
Hello,
I have patched up a new version that should work for all resolutions and tilesets,backgrounds and layouts to choose, but before i post a 36,3Mb .zip i thought i'd ask about the maximum file size of a zip upload.
If somebody would be nice enough to enlighten me or share a link with the information please.

# The background images are now seperated from the main zip #
Here are the changes i made:

Xmahjongg Kindle Edition version 0.8

Tilesets:
Dorothys/Dorwhite/Gnome/Gnome2/Thin/Thick/Small
7 different Tilesets one for each of the different resolutions
s - m - l - xl

# <width> <height> <prefix> # <comment>
# 600 800 s/ # K2, K3, K4, K5, KT2, KT3
# 758 1024 m/ # PW1, PW2
# 824 1200 l/ # DX, DXi, DXG
# 1072 1448 xl/ # PW3, KV

Backgrounds:
Grayscale/Patterns/Panorama/Famous_Paintings/Surreal/Wallpaper/Abstract
7 categories with 7 different backgrounds to choose

Layouts:
Changed Papillion to 16x8 tiles
Added display layout Tile&Screen Test

Kual Menu:
-Automatic device recognition to choose proper tiles/background for different resolutions (model dance credits NiLuJe helper script)
-New Kual Menu to set Layout, Tileset and Background
-Choose between 7 Tilesets, 49 Backgrounds and 24 Layouts
-Last Settings saved until changed
-Eips display of current config in Kual with fixed* [SHOW CONFIG] bar ( eips_print_bottom_centered() function credits NiLuJe helper script)
-Start Game from every submenu with fixed* [GO MAHJONGG] bar
-Misc. Options

*(if kual is set to 10 buttons only at the moment)

wodan

EDIT I : Yeah it says 20Mb on zip, so lets see what i gonna do about that.

EDIT II : the main package now comes only with grayscale and default background and you have to install your resolution specific background pack additionally into the /data/backgrounds/ folder.
have fun
Attached Files
File Type: zip backgrounds_800x600_K2_K3_K4_K5_KT2_KT3.zip (5.54 MB, 154 views)
File Type: zip backgrounds_1024x758_PW1_PW2.zip (7.89 MB, 144 views)
File Type: zip backgrounds_1200x824_DX_DXi_DXG.zip (9.60 MB, 129 views)
File Type: zip backgrounds_1448x1072_PW3_KV.zip (12.23 MB, 141 views)
File Type: zip xmahjongg_kindle_edition_0.8.3.zip (1.03 MB, 172 views)

Last edited by wodan16; 12-02-2016 at 12:31 AM.
wodan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 04:43 AM   #81
wodan16
Enthusiast

Hello,
i would love to see some screenshots from 1024x768, 1200x824 and 1448x1072 devices.
(thick is a funny tile and displays differently, so it would be nice to have a thick screenshot and one of the other tiles)
There is a screen&tile test in [Misc.], with 16x8 tiles, i made exactly for that.

A screenshot from the kual menu would be nice as well, as i don't have a clue how other devices display.

There is no problem to adjust tile size.

Thank you
wodan
Old 11-28-2016, 05:20 AM   #82
Hanspeter
Connoisseur
Hanspeter doesn't litterHanspeter doesn't litter

Device: Kindel PW1, Voyager
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodan16 View Post
Hello,
i would love to see some screenshots from 1024x768, 1200x824 and 1448x1072 devices.
(thick is a funny tile and displays differently, so it would be nice to have a thick screenshot and one of the other tiles)
There is a screen&tile test in [Misc.], with 16x8 tiles, i made exactly for that.

A screenshot from the kual menu would be nice as well, as i don't have a clue how other devices display.

There is no problem to adjust tile size.

Thank you
wodan
Hi, I only had time for a quick test on my new Kindle Voyager. Thanks for all you work on the Kual Menus. They work good.
The only thing I needed to change manually was to small that resolution the tile size to xl in the prefs. It was still on s which is to small for that resolution.

Not sure if you recompiled it or only made the changes via Kual and script. The button in the top row (specially the quit button) are hart so select as they are getting to small. It was already difficult on my PW1.

HaPe
Hanspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:59 AM   #83
wodan16
Enthusiast

Hallo Hanspeter,
thxs for your response.

Quote:
The only thing I needed to change manually was to small that resolution the tile size to xl in the prefs. It was still on s which is to small for that resolution.
You are right it wasn't setting the prefix.
I cleaned up and rewrote the codemess a little, hopefully the device recognition works now for everybody.

I added a Device Info button in the [Misc.] submenu to actually display
what the script "thinks", Folder Prefix, Device Id, Model Name etc. is, so we can check if in doubt.

Your new KV should now set the Folder Prefix to "xl" and the PW1 to "m" on their own.

Quote:
Not sure if you recompiled it or only made the changes via Kual and script. The button in the top row (specially the quit button) are hart so select as they are getting to small. It was already difficult on my PW1.
The changes I made are only scripts (tcss.sh & eips.sh) called with functions and arguments through kual menu,
writing the value into a config file (tcss.conf).
The most important part are the tiles for every of the 4 different resolutions (why your hardcode fix worked).

WOW the in game menu bar never caught my attention.
You are right it does not resize with the screen size change.
We have to take a look at that.
Different Icons for the Kindles with clean contrast and simple design
to display them better on darker backgrounds is a thought anyway.
Shouldn't be to much work.
Well, there is also a "Solve"-option as a keystroke (-s) for possible implementation.
Extra icon?

I'll take a look at setting up NiLuJes Toolchain, when i get around to it.

UPDATE:
-make sure you have a backup of your backgrounds so you dont have to download them again!
-delete xmahjongg extension folder
-copy new version of xmahjongg folder
-copy your extra backgrounds into backgrounds folder

Feedback is very much apreciated.
I attached screenshots how it looks on my device(KT3).

wodan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deviceoinfo.png
Views:	170
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	153280   Click image for larger version

Name:	kualmenu.png
Views:	168
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	153281   Click image for larger version

Name:	small_test.png
Views:	180
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	153282   Click image for larger version

Name:	thick_test.png
Views:	171
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	153283   Click image for larger version

Name:	papillon_small.png
Views:	175
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	153284  
Attached Files
File Type: zip xmahjongg_kindle_edition_0.8.3.zip (1.03 MB, 136 views)
Old 12-02-2016, 01:19 AM   #84
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodan16 View Post
Hallo Hanspeter,
thxs for your response.

You are right it wasn't setting the prefix.
I cleaned up and rewrote the codemess a little, hopefully the device recognition works now for everybody.

I added a Device Info button in the [Misc.] submenu to actually display
what the script "thinks", Folder Prefix, Device Id, Model Name etc. is, so we can check if in doubt.

Your new KV should now set the Folder Prefix to "xl" and the PW1 to "m" on their own.

The changes I made are only scripts (tcss.sh & eips.sh) called with functions and arguments through kual menu,
writing the value into a config file (tcss.conf).
The most important part are the tiles for every of the 4 different resolutions (why your hardcode fix worked).

WOW the in game menu bar never caught my attention.
You are right it does not resize with the screen size change.
We have to take a look at that.
Different Icons for the Kindles with clean contrast and simple design
to display them better on darker backgrounds is a thought anyway.
Shouldn't be to much work.
Well, there is also a "Solve"-option as a keystroke (-s) for possible implementation.
Extra icon?

I'll take a look at setting up NiLuJes Toolchain, when i get around to it.

UPDATE:
-make sure you have a backup of your backgrounds so you dont have to download them again!
-delete xmahjongg extension folder
-copy new version of xmahjongg folder
-copy your extra backgrounds into backgrounds folder

Feedback is very much apreciated.
I attached screenshots how it looks on my device(KT3).

wodan

Great job!!!

Could you me to get "more big" (modify resolution) to get bigger cards on FreeCell, Longline, Pile Title, etc...

They look so tiny on my PW3

Thanks in advance @Wodan16 wodan16
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:29 AM   #85
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Please do not double post
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #86
Hanspeter
Connoisseur
Hanspeter doesn't litterHanspeter doesn't litter

Device: Kindel PW1, Voyager
here are some Screenshots from the Voyager.
Tile size detection is working now.
As you see the quit button is very small (on the screen max 5mm) and hard to select.

HaPe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2016_12_02T20_15_48+0100.png
Views:	170
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	153372   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2016_12_02T20_16_01+0100.png
Views:	147
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	153373   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2016_12_02T20_16_19+0100.png
Views:	150
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	153374   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2016_12_02T20_16_29+0100.png
Views:	153
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	153375   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2016_12_02T20_17_02+0100.png
Views:	152
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	153376   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2016_12_02T20_17_13+0100.png
Views:	168
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	153377  

Last edited by Hanspeter; 12-02-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Hanspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:06 PM   #87
wodan16
Enthusiast

Hi Hanspeter,

Quote:
here are some Screenshots from the Voyager.
Tile size detection is working now.
As you see the quit button is very small (on the screen max 5mm) and hard to select.
Thank you very much for the screenshots!
Can you please take some with the PW1 as well so i can see the 1024x768 res?

Well, the problem is simple.
There are no bigger images of the buttons.
Size change of buttons was not implemented cause it wasn't really needed, i guess.
If you change the window size on a PC you can observe that the button size doesn't change.
It does not really matter on a computer screen...

Solution?

Step 1: Make buttons for the needed resolutions. 5 buttons x 4 resolutions = 20 button images
We might code in the solve button as well?

Step 2: Implement a routine in the source code to choose the buttons regarding resolution.

Step 3: Raise version number to 1.0 and call it a day.

@doctoralvarez

I'll try to take a look at it....too many projects soooo little time.

Did you try anything yet?
Shouldn't be more than html and javascript though.
Change card size and adjust code to height and width?
You can change the cards with an image editor for example.
Or if you are fond of command line try imagemagick or gifsicle to resize them in batchmode.

anyway try to dive in there without fear X_x

wodan16