Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2016, 09:33 AM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
How to make Kobo books launch ADE

When I purchase a book at kobo.com and it goes into my kobo.com library listed as an Adobe DRM Ebook, then I click on the book, the wrong program (Sony PC Reader) is automatically launched.

I have set ADE to be the default program for *.acsm files; however, the book in the kobo.com library is not that format.

How do I force ADE to be launched when I click on the purchased Adobe DRM Ebook in kobo.com library?

Thanks!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:39 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Use Firefox and when the requester for what to do with the .ascm file pops up, selection "Open with" and then select ADE to open the .ascm and it will work as you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:50 AM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

John, I use SeaMonkey which uses the gecko based architecture just like FireFox. When I click on the ebook in kobo.com library, there is no requester opportunity, instead another program is launched.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In Firefox in the General Options, I have "Always ask me where to save files" selected in the Downloads section.

If you do as well and it still doesn't work, then you have told Seamonkey to always use Sony's software with .acsm files.

If you need to, in Options, go tot he Applications section, find the lime for ascm files and change the action.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:36 AM   #5
petercreasey
Wizard

John, somehow, I don't know how, it has started working now.

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Good thing you got it working.