Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #46
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Good luck! Waves of moral support flying your way
Well, that went well! Gone are the small letters in a new chapter and overall the device seems a bit snappier. I can't for the life of me imagine why this update hasn't been pushed out yet.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #47
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
Are there any more of you who have installed 2.3.2? I'm still on the fence, but this fontsize-turns-minuscule-at-new-chapter thing is driving me nuts. Reading through this thread experiences are diverse, so I would like to hear more before I take the plunge.
The only change I noticed with 2.3.2 was that the new chapter-fontsize-bug had gone, no new bugs.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #48
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
Well, that went well! Gone are the small letters in a new chapter and overall the device seems a bit snappier. I can't for the life of me imagine why this update hasn't been pushed out yet.
Glad you're rid of the font nonsense! Happy reading!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #49
z1984z
z1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor_ View Post
Sure. The attached KoboRoot.tgz sets the Kobo to run a custom script /mnt/onboard/run.sh at startup, and sets the root password to "banana". (You have to unzip it first, for some reason the board software complained when I tried to attach it directly.)

The attached dropbear.zip should be unpacked in /mnt/onboard

Then I put the line

/mnt/onboard/dropbear/dropbear -r /mnt/onboard/dropbear/kobokey

into my /mnt/onboard/run.sh script. This starts dropbear at startup. I guess you could also start it from the plugin instead.

Once you have it up and running, you could/should probably change the keyfile
/mnt/onboard/dropbear/kobokey

and change the root password.

Hope that helps.
Xor_, thank you very much!!!

I will try in a couple of weeks becouse I out of my home without a pc (only kobo and a tablet...). When I can back I'll do....

Again thank you!!!
z1984z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #50
z1984z
z1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura aboutz1984z has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor_ View Post
Sure. The attached KoboRoot.tgz sets the Kobo to run a custom script /mnt/onboard/run.sh at startup, and sets the root password to "banana". (You have to unzip it first, for some reason the board software complained when I tried to attach it directly.)

The attached dropbear.zip should be unpacked in /mnt/onboard

Then I put the line

/mnt/onboard/dropbear/dropbear -r /mnt/onboard/dropbear/kobokey

into my /mnt/onboard/run.sh script. This starts dropbear at startup. I guess you could also start it from the plugin instead.

Once you have it up and running, you could/should probably change the keyfile
/mnt/onboard/dropbear/kobokey

and change the root password.

Hope that helps.
hi Xor_,

I try this yesterday and work´s like a charm!!!

Thank you very much and see you!!!!
z1984z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #51
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Quote:
I can't for the life of me imagine why this update hasn't been pushed out yet.
Perhaps they are testing it, for a change.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #52
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I have firmware version 2.3.1 (r45611, 12/7/12)

I haven't done anything with my Kobo Glo since I got it.

Are there any 'compelling' reasons why I should get the newer firmware?

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-29-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #53
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I have firware version 2.3.1 (r45611, 12/7/12)

I haven't done anything with my Kobo Glo since I got it.

Are there any 'compelling' reasons why I should get the newer firmware?

Don
Unless you are running into one of the bugs and it's driving you nuts, then no there is no reason to jump to 2.3.2.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:27 AM   #54
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
On my GLO, fw 2.3.1 I had the new chatpter tiny font bug, so I went to 2.3.2, the font bug was cured, but I realised shortly that new books added to the device (micro sdcard) did not show their series info, despite having done the modifications in calibre referred to in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184

So reluctantly, and I hope, temporarily, I have gone back to 2.3.1 :-(
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #55
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
On my GLO, fw 2.3.1 I had the new chatpter tiny font bug, so I went to 2.3.2, the font bug was cured, but I realised shortly that new books added to the device (micro sdcard) did not show their series info, despite having done the modifications in calibre referred to in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184

So reluctantly, and I hope, temporarily, I have gone back to 2.3.1 :-(
Series info shows fine with 2.3.2 on my Glo.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #56
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Series info shows fine with 2.3.2 on my Glo.
Maybe I didn't make it clear, the books loaded before upgrading to 2.3.2 showed the series info properly on 2.3.2, but the books loaded after the upgrade did not show the info.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #57
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Maybe I didn't make it clear, the books loaded before upgrading to 2.3.2 showed the series info properly on 2.3.2, but the books loaded after the upgrade did not show the info.
Very weird. Are you sure you have the series information in the right place for the books you loaded after you upgraded to 2.3.2?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
There is no difference in how 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 handle the series information. Or how calibre handles these firmware versions. But, calibre can't set the series information as it puts the books on the device, you have to reconnected to calibre after the device processes the books. Did you do this?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #59
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
I have a Touch (v2.1.5) and a few series in my calibre library with the right series info entered in the proper metadata fields. The books are already loaded on the touch. What do I need to do to get series info into the touch?

Thanks,

V
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #60
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
I have a Touch (v2.1.5) and a few series in my calibre library with the right series info entered in the proper metadata fields. The books are already loaded on the touch. What do I need to do to get series info into the touch?
You have to upgrade your Touch to at least firmware 2.2.0. Otherwise, you use a metadata plugboard to put the series info into the title and put the books on the device again.

Last edited by davidfor; 02-05-2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: I make no claims to be able to spell
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote