Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #31
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
So will I.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #32
Iread
Iread began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Ectaco JetBook Lite
I do hope Astak will continue to produce ereaders and provide support. I was fortunate enough to find a used Astak Pocket Pro in excellent condition on eBay. It is my first ereader, and it is terrific in several ways.

I also hope Astak will consider partnering with two home school companies who produce curriculum on CD. This could potentially result in a lot of sales for Astak, and for the curriculum companies. These programs were originally intended for printing out each of the numerous books that are on the CDs, an overwhelming task!! The home schooling families who are purchasing these CDs are catching on to the ereader wave and are looking for readers that can read the format their particular curriculum is produced in. The one I own, Robinson Curriculum (www.robinsoncurriculum.com/) is in TIFF, and Astak is one of the few readers that can read it without the use of a conversion program. It is wonderful to be able to simply download the books from the CD to either the reader or an SD card and start reading, without having to print all those pages or convert files. Another bonus is that the book looks just like the original book when I read it on the reader. This is not important to everyone, but it is to me (and I'm not the only one).

I don't own the other brand of curriculum (A2, www.accelerated-achievement.com/), so I don't know what format it is in, but the website has begun to feature that the curriculum is Kindle and ereader compatible.

I hope the potential marketing opportunities mentioned above will encourage Astak to continue making their terrific products. I would definitely be interested in a 6" model if one were available. For now, I'm very happy with the 5".
Iread is offline   Reply With Quote