Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Library books on the kobo

Does anyone know what happens when library books reach their due date on the kobo? I have not yet had this happen, as I have read all my books and returned them well before the due date. However, I have a couple due to expire when I am away next week and there is a chance I won't have finished them in time. Unfortunately Overdrive has no renew option and the waiting lists are SO long I don't stand a chance of getting another copy.

I realise they will expire in ADE, but if I don't plug my kobo into the PC until after expiry, will I still be able to read them or are the books smart enough to sync with the date and time on the kobo itself?
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Sorry, but the kobo has an internal clock. Once the expiration time is reached, the book will no longer open. Never tried messing with the clock to fool ADE on the kobo though. Interesting experiment...
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Thanks 3d0g, I'll just have to read fast then won't I!
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
andrewcrlucas
andrewcrlucas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
About a month ago I was only a few pages from the end of a book, when the book expired. I had been reading in the morning, but when I came back to it in the afternoon I couldn't open it.

I changed the date back a day and I was able to open the book in order to finish it.

Expired books will stay on the kobo until you purposefully remove them. They are not removed automatically in my experience.
andrewcrlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Weird. I had some library books that had expired. They were inaccessible in ADE, but I could still read them on the Kobo.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert