Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-28-2015, 01:16 PM   #1
ReadingRichard
ReadingRichard began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Ultra
PocketBook Ultra help

Hello,

Today I received my first ever e-reader. I'm well versed in IT, but never before used an e-reader.

I unpacked it, entered my wifi information, and it automatically downloaded the newest firmware.

<connection problem solved> I know I can't simply delete all the books, but can I, for instalce, delete the russian and german subfolder?

That's problem number 1. Next problem, I want to use send-to-pocketbook. I enter my e-mail address and choose a password, but I don't receive an e-mail containing the activation. I used the same e-mail address I used here, didn't have any problem receiving the e-mail from this forum. Also, it's not in my spam box.

Last problem for now, I went to the bookland store. Again I entered my e-mail address to register for a bookland account. Again I got no e-mail whatsoever. I went to bookland on my pc, tried to register using the same e-mail address, seems to be taken, so my registration did make it to their servers. I tried to use the lost-password service, but still no automatic e-mail from bookland.

At this point I'm quite disappointed with my purchase, can anyone help me here?

BTW; i've ready a few of the sticky threads here, and didn't find a solution to any of these problems....

Last edited by ReadingRichard; 04-28-2015 at 01:20 PM.
ReadingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
vmsda
Enthusiast
vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRichard View Post
... I unpacked it, entered my wifi information, and it automatically downloaded the newest firmware ... I know I can't simply delete all the books, but can I, for instance, delete the russian and german subfolder? ... i've ready a few of the sticky threads here, and didn't find a solution to any of these problems....
Do not be so disheartened, since things can always get different, or worse! For instance, I connected to my wifi, tried to update the firmware but the box would seemingly block, the only way out was the home screen. Therefore I opted for the manual way via my Ubuntu pc.

Then I did what I always do (this is my third PB, having had a 622 and 626 as well):
deleted all the folders containing the shipped books; all that was left were the license files and the English user manual and quick start guide. Then I connected the Ultra to Calibre and loaded all my ebooks from there, the reader was so kind as to create a new folder called My Books to accommodate the newcomers. Since I am careful in specifying the book genre in Calibre, I can then view the Ultra Library by genres, as if they were folders.

Now I am going to try and exploit all the other features that the Ultra boasts, where I suspect the going won't be so smooth. But since, for me, 90% of the "reading experience" is the books themselves, I am not unduly worried. In the meantime I shall indulge in contemplating a good-looking, well-designed box, lighter than my mobile phone and with a cover to match: this only gives me an extra 0.05% increase in reading experience, but beggars can't be choosers.

Happy reading, friend.
vmsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert