Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #151
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Thank you so much! I love Coolreader, but where did I go wrong on the PW that causes a "not signed by an authorized developer" message? I did install Collections Manager and the Combined Developer Certificates bundle. Thanks for any help....
hmm sounds like the old "Combined Developer Certificates bundle not updated as its already installed" issue. Try dumping the latest certs bundle in yourself. I kind of recall this key being added at the last minute. HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #152
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
It wasn't already installed. I just downloaded the zip file today. install and uninstall files are dated 10/29/2012. Coolreader 3 folder is created. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by jscris; 11-03-2012 at 07:58 PM.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #153
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmm sounds like the old "Combined Developer Certificates bundle not updated as its already installed" issue. Try dumping the latest certs bundle in yourself. I kind of recall this key being added at the last minute. HTH
Has no one else has this problem? The menu is no longer saying New Dev, just Dev, lists CrazyCoder, but still gives the unauthorized developer message. Collections Manager opens fine. I used combined-dev-certs-20121002.zip, did reinstall. New PW, hadn't done anything except jailbreak and screensavers before the Collections Manager. (I used CoolReader on a Nook Touch and would love to have it back). Just wondering if I'm the only one having this problem. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #154
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
Could be that dev-certs-20121002.zip didn't install properly for some reason and you still have some older version of the developer.keystore file that doesn't contain my key yet.
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #155
jscris
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
Could be that dev-certs-20121002.zip didn't install properly for some reason and you still have some older version of the developer.keystore file that doesn't contain my key yet.
Perhaps, although I've installed it twice and had never installed developer certificates on this PW. crash log says:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[11/5/12 5:47 PM] CoolReader 3 (v. 3.0)

kz.pvnhome.cr3runner.CR3RunnerKindlet: Class not signed by valid developer certificate

Coolreader 3 and Collections Manager subfolders were both created with correct date (11/3).

Thanks for any suggestions (bearing in mind I'm an old lady not a coder).
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #156
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
This would all be much simpler if all the kindlet developers would start signing their kindlets (including CR3) with the "standard" test key, as suggested in the first post of the "combined developer keystore" thread. A proliferation of "vanity" keys will continue to cause problems as described above.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #157
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
This would all be much simpler if all the kindlet developers would start signing their kindlets (including CR3) with the "standard" test key, as suggested in the first post of the "combined developer keystore" thread. A proliferation of "vanity" keys will continue to cause problems as described above.
Could you please point to the information about the "standard test key" and how it can be used? Merged keystore doesn't contain the test key, btw.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #158
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Could you please point to the information about the "standard test key" and how it can be used? Merged keystore doesn't contain the test key, btw.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152294
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
PER GENERAL REQUEST -- BIG FAT NOTICE TO DEVELOPERS:
Please dont create unnecessary additional vanity keys. Just use the "test" key already present in the keystore to sign your Kindlets. Spare everybody the trouble of updating their Kindle each time. Help your Karma.

I put "standard" in quotes, to show that the "test" key mentioned by PoP is what has been proposed to be used as the "standard" key.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #159
CrazyCoder
Zealot

geekmaster, I've seen it already, but the keystore has no "test" key and there are no instructions anywhere how it can be used.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #160
geekmaster

Quote:
geekmaster, I've seen it already, but the keystore has no "test" key and there are no instructions anywhere how it can be used.
The original "test" key for the ADQ ktest kindlet was proposed as a standard key in 2010, here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1159987

However, I see in the combined developer keystore that it is now called "adq" instead of "test". So the "standard test" key is named "adq", it would appear...

And the post above that one shows how to sign kindlets using that key.

I have not made any kindlets myself, so others here may be more able to answer your questions...

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-05-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #161
CrazyCoder
Zealot

adq doesn't seem to be the test key, but I found the real test key at https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/ktfonthack and it seems to work fine.

Until this information is made more clear and public, I doubt that many developers will use the standard test key.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #162
CrazyCoder
Zealot

jscris, please try this Kindlet version signed with the test key:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2752840/cr3runner-3.0.azw2
Old 11-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #163
geekmaster

Quote:
adq doesn't seem to be the test key, but I found the real test key at https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/ktfonthack and it seems to work fine.

Until this information is made more clear and public, I doubt that many developers will use the standard test key.
It was only recently discussed between several devs here in PMs, which resulted in the request in PoP's combined keystore first post.

It does need more documentation, and should probably be in a "How to write kindlets" wiki page. A standard key needs standard documentation...

The whole point is to make it easier for the end user, so they do not keep running into the "obsolete dev-certs keystore" problem...

EDIT: Also, it will help all the developers here if we can keep packaging dev keys in with the jailbreaks, and into "preinstalled hacks" debricking repair images, without needing new versions every time some new "vanity" key gets created out of "thin air"...

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-05-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #164
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The whole point is to make it easier for the end user, so they do not keep running into the "obsolete dev-certs keystore" problem...
I completely agree with that and will resign my kindlets with the test key.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #165
geekmaster

Quote:
I completely agree with that and will resign my kindlets with the test key.
That will make your kindlets work even if somebody has an OLD keystore that did not have your new "vanity" key in it. That is a good thing...