Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
space
space began at the beginning.

Device: none
eReader for image based pdfs?

For a while now I have been reading some pdfs that I have downloaded off the internet. The problem is that I have been reading them off of my laptop. Which, as you might imagine, isn't the best thing considering how bulky laptops are and how bright the screen is. Because of this I have been considering getting a eReader.

I have mainly been looking at the Kindle Dx and the Nook, but I am concerned that they might not handle the pdfs well. The vast majority of my pdfs are imaged based (old books that have been scanned), and some of them are very large files (near or over 100mb).

I'm also wondering if they are able to display the pdfs well. What I mean is if you can read the book without doing anything or if you have to zoom in or something. And if you do have to, how easy is it to zoom in. I have seen some videos on how the Kindle zooms in, but not how the nook Nook.

So my main questions are:
1)will the Kindle Dx and the Nook be able to handle the pdfs?
2)or do you have any other suggestions, beside those devices?
space is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image, kindle, nook, pdf, scanned