Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
robdrob
Enthusiast
robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: almost every kindle,iPad,android tablet,kobo you name it
Kobo library on kobo touch

Hi Could someone please tell me where your kobo library is housed on your kobo touch. I am referring to the books that are actually purchased through the kobo website or from your device. Is there a hidden file system that can be opened.

Thanks for any help..
robdrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

The kePubs are apparently located in the .kobo/kepub folder. They do not have filename extensions and the filenames give no hint as to which book it corresponds to. For example, one of my kePubs has the filename of 3c0d94ad-50d2-42f0-a0be-2141b2e14e19. That book's title is A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, a KoboBook free book BTW. I was able to copy this one to my PC, give it an epub extension, then double-clicked it and it opened in the Sony Library application.

You are probably wondering, what if I sideload an ePub into the .kobo/kepub folder and delete its ePub extension, will it open in the kePub engine rather than the Adobe ePub engine? Nope. I tried but it didn't show up in the library when in this folder, with or without the ePub extension.

Sidloaded books (ePub, mobi, PDF) are placed in the root.

Last edited by jswinden; 07-06-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
robdrob
Enthusiast
robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thanks Jack I will check it out. Hopefully I will have no problems. I am assuming the .kobo/kepub folder is on the kobo touch itself.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdrob View Post
Thanks Jack I will check it out. Hopefully I will have no problems. I am assuming the .kobo/kepub folder is on the kobo touch itself.
Yes, sorry I didn't make that clear. I also forgot to mention these are not hidden folders. I didn't check for hidden folder BTW.

Edit: I don't see any hidden folders using a Windows Explorer.

Last edited by jswinden; 07-06-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
robdrob
Enthusiast

no there is no kobo.epub folder on my kobo touch? I am using a mac instead of a pc right now . could that be the problem ?? I don't think so ????
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdrob View Post
no there is no kobo.epub folder on my kobo touch? I am using a mac instead of a pc right now . could that be the problem ?? I don't think so ????
For Macs, any folder/file with a period in front of it is hidden by the system. You'd have to unhide them.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2274100_hidd...-mac-os-x.html
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think it was .kobo/kepub NOT kobo.epub

This (at least on the PC) appears at the root directory of the drive that the Touch is mounted on.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
For Macs, any folder with a period in front of it is hidden by the system. You'd have to unhide them.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2274100_hidd...-mac-os-x.html
Could you go into terminal (or a command line; however it is accessed on a Mac) and just do a "cd " to the correct directory?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote