Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #16
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
Nick,
All I can say is Maahhhhhhvelous, simply Maahhhhhvelous! I managed to overcome my fears, stepped out in the face of unknown danger, and ..... IT WORKED!! That lets me keep my carefully orchestrated file structure and still use the converter -- at least with mobi conversions. Now on to checking out .lit and .pdf

Thanks again.
Well, now, that's going to be a permanent change given your reaction!

The association of the .lit extension is THE part that makes the .lit conversions with Lit2sb work, so don't omit that part of the instructions.

.pdf conversions take a lot of time for anything but basic stuff, so don't be surprised if it converts but isn't downloaded due to a time-out. Now, if you have a hyperthread dual-quad CPU then your "mileage" may vary...

Try one of the various links in my sample next.html (see impserve homepage) to start your journey... or find some PDA friendly sites so that you can surf them without crashing! Or better still, surf on your computer (ashkulz says he likes the bigger screen ) and add the final links to that next.html file, for future use!

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-23-2008 at 09:03 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #17
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Well, now, that's going to be a permanent change given your reaction!

Try one of the various links in my sample next.html (see impserve homepage) to start your journey... or find some PDA friendly sites so that you can surf them without crashing! Or better still, surf on your computer (ashkulz says he likes the bigger screen ) and add the final links to that next.html file, for future use!
I Hate to be constantly needy--The links in your next.html work just fine, but I haven't been able to figure out how to format the href statement correctly to transfer a .pdf or .lit file on my PC through impserve using the next.html file. I've tried it several ways and depending on how it is addressed, all I get is a response that the server isn't responding, it can't find the directory, or that it doesn't recognize the file format. Right now I have placed a test.lit file in the "content" directory with the next.html.

Any assistance/advice is appreciated.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #18
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Hm... what's left? RTF support? ePub?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #19
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gene, did you try the updated next.html file located here?

It has some links to .pdf and .lit. They are hard to come by so unless you know where they are at, just stick with .prc...

Oh, yeah don't forget to place the .bat files that accompany the plugins for .pdf and .lit. They won't convert without them "as is" and in the impserve src directory!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #20
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Gene, did you try the updated next.html file located here?

It has some links to .pdf and .lit. They are hard to come by so unless you know where they are at, just stick with .prc...

Oh, yeah don't forget to place the .bat files that accompany the plugins for .pdf and .lit. They won't convert without them "as is" and in the impserve src directory!
Thanks, again, Nick.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #21
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Hm... what's left? RTF support? ePub?
Not much left, ebook conversion-wise.

I like the idea of an epub converter, but I don't have any code which could convert epub2imp, nor any source for epub ebooks. This will change in the near future, though, so I'll put this one on hold for now. Any takers in the meantime... please...

I was toying with a .txt converter for Project Gutengerg files, but can't bring myself to accept the automated conversion when I see the wonderful results our regulars here can achieve after much effort!!! With .rtf, there would have to be a site, easily accessible via internet, whose links end in .rtf and [content-type] is distinct! I guess, just knowing the file extension is .rtf should suffice, though ...

Any other thoughts/requests (other than cbz ).
Old 09-27-2008, 09:40 AM   #22
nrapallo

Impserve plugins Release 5 - no new plugins; existing ones got a whole lot easier!!

Impserve plugins Release 5 has now been added to post #1 above. I've re-vamp the plugins to skip unwanted Content-Types, use local temp directory and no longer need any external .bat files (now incorporated within)! Just add them all to your plugins directory and you are ready to go. Remove any you don't need, though.

I have also included sample content/index.html and content/next.html pages to replace the default index.html. This is optional.

Note: You should restart impserve after editing plugins (.py) so as to ensure the revised copy is loaded into impserve and available to you!